Sousa Leaves Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm suprised to learn that Sousa was a defensive midfielder who only scored a handful of goals in his career. I was sure I remembered him as an attacking midfielder and regular goalscorer.

I'm suprised to learn that Sousa was a defensive midfielder who only scored a handful of goals in his career. I was sure I remembered him as an attacking midfielder and regular goalscorer.

If you read some of the Swansea forums they all mention how defensive minded he is rather than attack minded.

"Boring to watch" was the common theme.

Not that I'm worried. He has better to work with here than at Swansea :icon_bigg

One concern for me is that we need a strong appointment for scouting etc. It appears this is not Sousa's strong point and the signings made by Swansea recently he did not play the lead.

But the rumour didn't come from him, it's been in the national press for a couple of weeks.

Boy Genius said it would be Sousa before it had been confirmed that Pearson had left, and before any media speculation.
When Victor Chandler opened their book the odds were 20/1. I bet Jas wishes he'd had some real inside info so he could have got decent odds.

I can't say I'm happy with this potential appointment. He got sacked off at QPR for, rightly or wrongly, arguing with the board and missed out on the playoffs with Swansea, despite being excellently placed for the entire season.

I know that many will see this as an excellent appointment, but I'm going to go on record and say it doesn't sit right with me at all. I hope to God I'm mistaken and I'm waiting to be proved wrong...

I bet Jas wishes he'd had some real inside info so he could have got decent odds.

In all fairness Jeff, I don't think jas123 is actually old enough to bet.

I know that many will see this as an excellent appointment, but I'm going to go on record and say it doesn't sit right with me at all.

I don't think there's any such thing as an 'excellent appointment'.
It's an unknown right from the start, regardless of previous history.
Compared to the 'possibles' that we could've ended up with, I have to say that I'm reasonably happy.

Hopefully I won't be proved wrong, but ultimately, who gives a ****? I'd follow the team even if they plummetted down the leagues into Sunday football.

I don't think there's any such thing as an 'excellent appointment'.
It's an unknown right from the start, regardless of previous history.
Compared to the 'possibles' that we could've ended up with, I have to say that I'm reasonably happy.

Hopefully I won't be proved wrong, but ultimately, who gives a ****? I'd follow the team even if they plummetted down the leagues into Sunday football.

Weird comment... I'd certainly support the team no matter what, but I definetely still care about us getting in a good manager and being successful!

As for Sousa.... to be honest, I have no real opinion on it. Time at QPR was too short to make any judgement (supposedly falling out with the chairman doesn't bother me as QPR have had even more of a revolving door policy than us)

He seems to have done pretty well at Swansea, but then that could be carry over from Martinez building a good team, and apparently their fans aren't that bothered about him going.

So absolutely no idea what to expect. But then it was the same with Pearson.
Just hope that MM has got the right man, and we're not going to go through a period of chopping and changing again.

My worry is though, after our (possibly over) achievement this season by reaching the playoffs, I'm concerned that if we don't do quite as well this year (even say mid-table), then some sections of the fans and possibly MM himself will blame Sousa and look for a change, even though it could've happened under Pearson anyway

Weird comment... I'd certainly support the team no matter what, but I definetely still care about us getting in a good manager and being successful!

As do I lad, I think I'm just tired of all the bullshit though.

When we're champions of Europe, I know for a fact I'm gonna crown some **** for being a hanger on.
"WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE HAD TO SUFFER HOLLOWAY!!!!!!!!!" <elbowtothehead/>

"WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE HAD TO SUFFER HOLLOWAY!!!!!!!!!" <elbowtothehead/>

That probly would've been funnier if I'd used DeSousa instead of Holloway, but my comedy is a learning experience... for me and for you... yes "you"

for a few months now there have rumours of a buy out and souza coming in as the investors preferred choice of manager. It seems to be coming to fruition now and hopefully the promise of massive investment to drive us in to the premier league is true.. Fingers Crossed, if they have money Lee Hoo's doesn't stop them spending it...

Swansea will be entitled to compensation: who, other than Leicester City, would you expect to be paying it?

Obviously we would but I didn't no whether he quit his post before we offered him the job?

Fingers Crossed, if they have money Lee Hoo's doesn't stop them spending it...
If anyone does inexplicably come in with loads of money to give to LCFC as a present, let's hope that Lee Hoos pays off some of the massive debts we have and doesn't spunk it away on hugely over-inflated wages for spoilt brats.

Obviously we would but I didn't no whether he quit his post before we offered him the job?

There was comments on other sites that he'd failed to agree a new deal, so he might have been on a rolling contract? I'm sure there will be something to pay, but I suspect it won't be as much as Hull paid us for NP and co.

In that case, you have a very odd way of expressing yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669