Sousa Leaves Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it as a positive...

He's the best/most succesful player we have ever had as a manager...

He's our first overseas manager...

Neither mean he's going to be succesful but as I say I'm being positive...

I see it as a positive...

He's the best/most succesful player we have ever had as a manager...

He's our first overseas manager...

Neither mean he's going to be succesful but as I say I'm being positive...
Did MON not come from over the sea?

At least Sousa will have some pulling power. Compared to Smegson or Coleman or Dowie, I see this as a decent appointment.

Do we know if a press conference has been scheduled yet?

At least Sousa's arrival will improve our standing in the fashion league. Dear old Nige seemed like he had an advertising contract with Primark!!

At least Sousa's arrival will improve our standing in the fashion league. Dear old Nige seemed like he had an advertising contract with Primark!!

Most of my summer clobber comes from Primark :icon_redf

Stabilisers On
The news that Paulo Sousa is on his way to Leicester produced some head-scratching at Mediawatch HQ, wondering exactly what the hell has been going on at the Walkers Stadium since Milan Mandaric took over.

When his takeover was confirmed in February 2007, Mandaric said: "Our future plans are straightforward. First we have to secure our stability and be sure of staying in this division."

Well, as you may remember, that didn't turn out particularly well, since Leicester were relegated the following season, but it's the first part of that statement that interests us, and the part over which Mandaric has the most control.

Since that February day (when, incidentally, Mandaric gave his full backing to then-manager Rob Kelly, while in the same breath saying he'd spoken to Iain Dowie about taking over), the Leicester dug'out has been something of a conveyor belt.

For the bottoms of Kelly, Nigel Worthington, Martin Allen, Jon Rudkin, Steve Beaglehole, Mike Stowell, Gary Megson, Frank Burrows ,Gerry Taggart, Ian Holloway, Nigel Pearson and, if all goes well, Sousa will have paused in the managerial hot-seat.

That's an impressive 12 permanent and caretaker managers in just over three years. Or, if you prefer, one for every 102 days of his tenure.

That's some impressive stability.

MINT

Will this guy be our first ever foreign coach? I don't remember us having had anyone from outside Britain/Ireland in charge before...

I know this is of far less importance than whether Paulo is going to be a defensive (Megson) bore or an attacking (Keegan) breath of fresh air, but does anyone know how animated he is on the touchline, on a scale of MON/Warnock down to Pearson?

Will this guy be our first ever foreign coach? I don't remember us having had anyone from outside Britain/Ireland in charge before...

Why do people consider Irish to be 'not foreign'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669