Sousa Leaves Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably you would have preferred Hoos to have spent money that we haven't got?

It seems like some fans believe we should have given NP any money he wanted. Even if it meant going bust, deluded bellends.

Wiki updated but whoever did it obviously needs lessons from BM

On 4 July 2010, it was announced that Sousa had departed Swansea City by mutual consent, and was set to take the vacant managerial post at Leicester City, after comepensation was believed to have been agreed by the two clubs.

Is the Moan In on tonight anyone know?

As Jeff says the compensation will have to be agreed before it is Officially announced so could be that will not be today although 9-30 announcement is mentioned by the BBC, so who knows.

Last edited:
Wiki updated but whoever did it obviously needs lessons from BM

Is the Moan In on tonight anyone know?

As Jeff says the compensation will have to be agreed before it is Officially announced so could be that will not be today although 9-30 announcement is mentioned by the BBC, so who knows.

It is.

As do I lad, I think I'm just tired of all the bullshit though.

When we're champions of Europe, I know for a fact I'm gonna crown some **** for being a hanger on.
"WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE HAD TO SUFFER HOLLOWAY!!!!!!!!!" <elbowtothehead/>

That probly would've been funnier if I'd used DeSousa instead of Holloway, but my comedy is a learning experience... for me and for you... yes "you"

How drunk were you last night, Mackster?

Who?

the investors preferred choice of manager.

What?

Fingers Crossed, if they have money Lee Hoo's doesn't stop them spending it...

Have you missed a word out?

Swansea statement:

Swansea City have parted company with manager Paulo Sousa by mutual consent.

The move comes following a meeting between Swans chairman Huw Jenkins and Paulo Sousa over the weekend.

Both parties agreed that the current speculation regarding the manager's future was harmful to the club and, as a result, Paulo was granted his request to speak to Leicester City about the vacant manager's job at the Walkers Stadium.

Paulo was officially named as Swansea manager on June 23, 2009, following the departure of Roberto Martinez to Premier League Wigan.

The former Portuguese international guided the Swans to seventh place in the Championship last season - the club's highest position in 27 years.

Swansea City would like to thank Paulo for his services over the last year and wish him well for the future.

Further comment regarding the search for a new manager will follow in due course.

Last edited:
He's 'officially' in talks with us:

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2084184,00.html

LCFC Official Statement
Posted on: Mon 05 Jul 2010
Following his release by mutual consent with Swansea City FC, Leicester City confirm that they have initiated talks with Paolo Sousa in regards to the vacant Manager's job. Further updates will be provided in due course.

Last edited:
IS HE IN YET- we could do with Sousa- able to manage a cracking defensive line, and last year it wasn't his fault he didn't have any strikers!

Why are we looking for a new manager, has Pearson gone?

Also, is Lee Morris still at Hereford?

Last edited:
I don't think there's any such thing as an 'excellent appointment'.
It's an unknown right from the start, regardless of previous history.
Compared to the 'possibles' that we could've ended up with, I have to say that I'm reasonably happy.

Hopefully I won't be proved wrong, but ultimately, who gives a ****? I'd follow the team even if they plummetted down the leagues into Sunday football.

I remember feeling realy down when we appointed O'Neill. Everyone wanted Mike Walker, and, at the very last minute, we went for O'Neill. He had failed at Norwich and we wondered what on earth the Board was doing...

I wonder if Swansea fans are bewildered as to why he's left to go to Leicester, just like we were bewildered as to why Pearson left us to go to Hull...

I remember feeling realy down when we appointed O'Neill. Everyone wanted Mike Walker, and, at the very last minute, we went for O'Neill. He had failed at Norwich and we wondered what on earth the Board was doing...
I knew it was only a matter of time before a MON comparison came out...

I knew it was only a matter of time before a MON comparison came out...

The same could also be said when Gordon Milne replaced Jock Wallace. At the other extreme, how many City fans thought that the appointments of David Pleat and Peter Taylor were bad moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669