Sousa Leaves Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
British_Isles_Venn_Diagram.png

Shouldn't Wales be seperate to England in a similar fashion to Scotland?:102:

At least this thread stayed on topic.

Not quite - the Channel Islands are a part of the British Isles - and, since the foundation of the Welsh Assembly, England and Wales should not be lumped together (the ****ers would not even let me use by *English* bus pass to get to the City of Cardiff Stadium!!).

There are still about 20,000 people who use Irish as their first language, mostly living in Gaeltacht (sp?) regions where English will not usually be heard.

My Grandfather's first language is Irish, he didn't learn English until he was a teenager. He now lives in Leicester and people who meet him think he's just very quiet and reserved, but in actual fact he struggles to keep up with conversations. When he visits home, a gaeltacht area in Donegal, he's a different, chatty person

Not quite - the Channel Islands are a part of the British Isles - and, since the foundation of the Welsh Assembly, England and Wales should not be lumped together (the ****ers would not even let me use by *English* bus pass to get to the City of Cardiff Stadium!!).
True, but, the England and Wales still share the same legal system (Scotland and Northern Ireland don't)

My Grandfather's first language is Irish, he didn't learn English until he was a teenager. He now lives in Leicester and people who meet him think he's just very quiet and reserved, but in actual fact he struggles to keep up with conversations. When he visits home, a gaeltacht area in Donegal, he's a different, chatty person
Is that how you ended up being a city fan?

I like colcannon too, and coddle, and Irish stew.....it was the word "cuisine" I didn't like :icon_wink

Fray Bentos used to do a lovely one of those in a tin :icon_wink

My Grandfather's first language is Irish, he didn't learn English until he was a teenager. He now lives in Leicester and people who meet him think he's just very quiet and reserved, but in actual fact he struggles to keep up with conversations.

Coming over here, taking our benefits, not even bothering to learn the language etc etc etc............ :icon_wink

I believe that technically Wales is not a Country like Scotland, but is a Principality. The Union Jack has elements from the flags of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, but nothing from the Welsh flag.

The Welsh contingent on here should know more about that than me though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00