Sousa Leaves Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because there's no such place.

My apologies; I should have called it the Cardiff City Stadium, but I'm sure that's not the reason I wasn't allowed to use my bus-pass.

I think I might have started this by saying Sousa would be our first overseas/foreign manager.

I more than most should be aware that Ireland is a foreign country as my dad is from there.

But in the inconisistent world of British/UK football Irish footballers have never been considered foreigners.

When there was the two foreigner rule in the 70s/80s that never included players from ROI did it?

Ardiles and Villa were Spurs two overseas players but Tony Galvin was also in the team...

It's just one of the anomalies that we've grown to except like the fact the UK can enter 4 teams into the World Cup but only one in the Olympics etc

i think his backroom staff have also left Swansea

Assistant-manager Bruno Oliveira and match analyst Nelson Jardim have followed Sousa out of the door. The coaching staff appear to have stayed but they are in any case ex-players at the club.

Well I hope that when Sousa arrives with Assistant-manager Bruno (swansea fans do not know what he does) Oliveira he keeps Chris Powell and the University set-up.

Just a wild guess here, but is he the assistant manager?

That is what he is called. A previous post claimed they did not know what he DID, presumably because it was not obvious. A bit like Sven's little oppo, Tor Grip or something when he was England manager?

Just a wild guess here, but is he the assistant manager?

Don't tell Swansea fans that, it'll be interesting to see how long it takes them to work out what his job is. Probably struggling with the vowels.

This whole musical managerial chairs has left me rather perplexed.

Feeling a bit like I've lost £20 and found a fiver.

I believe that technically Wales is not a Country like Scotland, but is a Principality.
Wales is a country and a principality. So is Monaco. the two aren't mutually exclusive, you don't need a king to be a country, you need a king to be a kingdom

The Union Jack has elements from the flags of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, but nothing from the Welsh flag.

Wales is already represented from the George cross, the English king has his son in charge of Wales. you don't stick the principalities and duchies on there

Last edited by a moderator:
Wales is a country and a principality. So is Monaco. the two aren't mutually exclusive, you don't need a king to be a country, you need a king to be a kingdom

The Union Jack has elements from the flags of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, but nothing from the Welsh flag.

Wales is already represented from the George cross, the English king has his son in charge of Wales. you don't stick the principalities and duchies on there

Wales has the best flag and anthem. FACT. I loves Wales I da.

Last edited:
Has he fallen out with Mandaric, Hoos and DJ yet?

Another Bruno joins the club. So if we do get Heskey on loan there could be 3 at the club!!

I was wondering the other day, when was the last time we didn't have someone at the club with either the name Bruno or the nickname bruno?

I need to get out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670