sousa out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, yes. You and a few others.

This is the way it is, you, me nor anyone else on here can effect any change at the club whilst Mandy is in charge. So, assuming wish to continue supporting the team then you have two options:

Accept that this is the way things are, look at the positives and remain optimistic

or

Wallow in a pool of depression, bemoan everything and assume we are doomed and fecked. And then gloat to the high hilt if you turn out to be right.

Neither will have any effect on the club (though I believe the booing doom merchants will speed up any decline by booing), but it does mean that at least I am able to enjoy the games a little more by taking the positives.

But, there are people who enjoy being depressed about the football, I always had you down as one, but I am surprised to find Boc included this time.

I don't agree with you - and I suspect that you would be disappointed if I did.

However , on the specifics I think you are dead wrong this time.

In my experience, the fans are generally right in their take on managers. Not always granted. But on this occasion, this looks like a nailed on bad appointment with a man who seems to combine misjudgement with an arrogance in maintaining that he is getting it right. I suspect that the gut feeling of most is that the sooner he goes the sooner there is a chance of things improving - and the longer he stays the more likely we are to get into a miserable season long relegation dog fight.

I'll tell you why I'm depressed, its because Milan gets it wrong on his manager appointments far too many times. Arguably, he's done good by this football club, but his poor judgement on football matters spoils things.

INTERMISSION

pillowfight.jpg

The one in the middle seems to have a little secret 'extra' in her pants. Is she Thai?

In my experience, the fans are generally right in their take on managers. Not always granted. But on this occasion, this looks like a nailed on bad appointment with a man who seems to combine misjudgement with an arrogance in maintaining that he is getting it right.

You are assuming, and I would not presume how large an assumption it is, that he is not capable or willing to learn from his mistakes, (players not wanting to play for him, nobody likes him etc), at his two previous clubs.

I am sure that Milan, Hoos and Powell will want to offer him friendly 'man-management' guidance.

Will he listen?

You are assuming, and I would not presume how large an assumption it is, that he is not capable or willing to learn from his mistakes, (players not wanting to play for him, nobody likes him etc), at his two previous clubs.

I am sure that Milan, Hoos and Powell will want to offer him friendly 'man-management' guidance.

Will he listen?

He won't listen. He wouldn't bring in an experience "British" No.2 (which would make sense given his lack of knowledge of our leagues, especially when he joined Swansea) because he wanted Bruno with him. Bruno is a "yes man" who is pretty useless and known by the players as "The Coneman" (or something like that) as that's all he was good for.

By the way, you talk of PS wanting to drop the Sports Science stuff yet he brought with him someone who covers this area and is on something like £4k a week. That's crazy money for someone like that. PS is a 'stat man' but sometimes you can read too much into stats and forget that the players are human. That seems to sum up most of PS's problems - he doesn't have the human contact that all good managers have with their players.

By the way, who gave PS his black eye?????

Will he listen?

I really wouldn't know.

However, this isn't his first job in football management and you would have thought that he would have already learned something about his trade.

Unfortunately even if he is right about some technical issues, if the players are not motivated to play for him then its best to get rid

I really wouldn't know.

However, this isn't his first job in football management and you would have thought that he would have already learned something about his trade.

Unfortunately even if he is right about some technical issues, if the players are not motivated to play for him then its best to get rid

First: QPR - Produced boring football. Fell out with Chairman. FAILED.

Second: Swansea City - achieved a respectable league position but inherited an excellent squad and after Xmas, showed relegation form. Produced boring football. Lost the dressing room 100%. Failed to show up to the Club for 4 whole weeks after the end of the season. Fell out with Chairman. FAILED.

Third: Leicester City - ?????

First: QPR - Produced boring football. Fell out with Chairman. FAILED.

Second: Swansea City - achieved a respectable league position but inherited an excellent squad and after Xmas, showed relegation form. Produced boring football. Lost the dressing room 100%. Failed to show up to the Club for 4 whole weeks after the end of the season. Fell out with Chairman. FAILED.

Third: Leicester City - ?????

I don't like Sousa and don't want him here but you are exaggerating quite a bit here. He inherited a squad that had done well but had got rid of quite a few of their best players. They were by no means an excellent squad. Swansea had a poor run in but didn't really show relegation form for a sustained period last season.

I don't like Sousa and don't want him here but you are exaggerating quite a bit here. He inherited a squad that had done well but had got rid of quite a few of their best players. They were by no means an excellent squad. Swansea had a poor run in but didn't really show relegation form for a sustained period last season.

You're right - I am exaggerating but not "quite a bit".

We lost only two players - Jason Scotland and Jordi Gomez (who was only on loan with us anyway) but brought in David Cotterill, Craig Beattie, Trundle, Shefki Kuqi, Lopez (a PS signing from QPR who's our highest paid player but hardly ever players because he's simply not good enough) and others so our actual wage bill increased a lot under PS.

We still kept all of our defence, midfield and goalkeeper.

If you look at the stats from Jan 1st until the end of the season and applied that over a whole season, it was relegation form. Really!

Our form from September - December was superb and nobody saw what was coming after New Year. I think the players went from thinking "he's a double Champions League winner, he must know what he's talking about" to "he might have been a good player, but hasn't got a clue how to manage".

I think the key point about Sousa isn't that he doesn't understand football, but he doesn't know how to manage people. Players are not robots and no matter how much they earn, they need to be managed properly.

Maybe one of the reasons he doesn't manage well is because his English is very poor - I've seen him argue with a reporter who asked him a normal question but Paulo understood something quite different. I've seen so many situations when a reporter asks something like "which goal did you think was the best from a team perspective?" and Paulo answering "yes, I did". The room goes silent!

I'm probably boring a lot of you now but I am giving you the truth - warts and all.

In my experience, the fans are generally right in their take on managers. Not always granted. But on this occasion, this looks like a nailed on bad appointment with a man who seems to combine misjudgement with an arrogance in maintaining that he is getting it right. I suspect that the gut feeling of most is that the sooner he goes the sooner there is a chance of things improving - and the longer he stays the more likely we are to get into a miserable season long relegation dog fight.

I'll tell you why I'm depressed, its because Milan gets it wrong on his manager appointments far too many times. Arguably, he's done good by this football club, but his poor judgement on football matters spoils things.

I know it isn't popular but I 100% agree. I don't think we will improve under Sousa.

it is assumed that Swansea sent him here as an agent, to nobble contenders for the playoffs, once sousa has started the downfall, agent Sven will move in to complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669