Post Match Southampton 0 - 2 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Midfield was absolutely woeful during this period, .

Disagree this time last year, the midfield were in great form which fell in line with us going on a decent run. Particularly the Man City games were Wellens, King and Abe playing well.

Bamba's a good player but never underestimate understanding and teamwork over ability.

Disagree this time last year, the midfield were in great form which fell in line with us going on a decent run. Particularly the Man City games were Wellens, King and Abe playing well.

Bamba's a good player but never underestimate understanding and teamwork over ability.

I thought you were referring to earlier this season.

I'm with you as well. I fully understand the point about his abilities going forward, etc., but he's never struck me as a particularly sound defender, and that's his job I believe.

As I said, I cannot recall one instance when his mistakes or actions has cost us a goal, Mills however seems to have provided many an opportunity to the opposition.

They all led to goals?

Yes, that was the point of my argument at the same. Remember one where he was mugged by Long against Reading, then pushed off the ball and outsprinted. Also one against Norwich where he went trotting into midfield, the ball came straight back and he was five yards behind Wilbraham who scored. Oh yes, a header straight to Nugent from a throw-in against Pompey too.

Well, football is a simple game ;)
It reminded me of something my mate said to me in the pub after we went 1-0 behind in the first leg of the Mickey semi....."Cardiff are trying hard to score a goal, but at the same time they have to keep Palace from scoring". I tried not to be sarcastic in my reply, but I think pointing out that this is the strategy employed by teams in 99% of all football games played since the invention of leather let me down a bit.

Yes, that was the point of my argument at the same. Remember one where he was mugged by Long against Reading, then pushed off the ball and outsprinted. Also one against Norwich where he went trotting into midfield, the ball came straight back and he was five yards behind Wilbraham who scored. Oh yes, a header straight to Nugent from a throw-in against Pompey too.

What are you doing! You cant support your argument with actual cases where he made a mistake. :)

What are you doing! You cant support your argument with actual cases where he made a mistake. :)

Agreed, It would be much better if he didn't bother.

Then again I need video evidence to back up these awful claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669