Post Match Southampton 0 - 2 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so, but I cannot remember when Bamba's style of play has cost us a goal, he is a delight to watch for me and is undoubtedly a better player than Mills.

While I agree Bamba is fun...I think the comparison to Mills isn't really right...horses for courses and all that.

We really should know better than to play someone who is mildly entertaining and doesn't cost us goals...plus it's just sheer madness to have someone in our team who can actually pass a ball to his own player every now and then.

get him out - that's what i say.

You surely cant be referring to Mills or St Ledger who have 3 assists and 1 goal between them in the last 2 league games.

Maybe so, but I cannot remember when Bamba's style of play has cost us a goal, he is a delight to watch for me and is undoubtedly a better player than Mills.

Yes - he is entertaining. He may be a better individual player than Mills but, I say again. that's not the matter that I was considering.

Did I say anything that makes you think I might agree with that suggestion?

You suggest that he will never make a good partnership at the back, so what would you do with him if he is not part of a good partnership at the back?

So Bamba is shit now? Too much 'pashun' by any chance?

You suggest that he will never make a good partnership at the back, so what would you do with him if he is not part of a good partnership at the back?

Thankfully, not my decision.
:icon_wink

Dead simple, you keep him on the bench until either Mills or St Ledger gets injured or has a bad game. Then you decide whether he or Tunchev is a better partner for the other one.

Wasn't difficult was it?

I'm with lako on this one. Bamba is our best central defender by a decent distance for me. Nothing to do with him being entertaining, he's more composed, more powerful, a better tackler, better in the air, more comfortable on the ball, far less likely to give possesion away and in all honesty, I also believe he makes less serious mistakes than Mills or St. Ledger.

Last edited:
I'm with lako on this one. Bamba is our best central defender by a decent distance for me. Nothing to do with him being entertaining, he's more composed, more powerful, a better tackler, better in the air, more comfortable on the ball, far less likely to give possesion away and in all honesty, I also believe he makes less serious mistakes than Mills or St. Ledger.

You can't argue though that, for one reason or another, we've looked more solid at the back since he's been away. I like him, but lean towards Boc's argument.

Hmmm, not that sure about that yet. We were dreadful defensively against Barnsley and Forest atm are probably one of the worst teams attacking-wise ever to play in the second tier who almost everybody is keeping a clean shhet against atm.

I'd say it's only against Southampton we looked better defensively and even then Southampton breached our defence 3 or 4 times only to put great opportunities miles off target.

It's too early to say we've been more solid at the back since he's bee gone. I'd give it another couple of games (not against League Two Swindon) until we start jumping to such conclusions.

Hmmm, not that sure about that yet. We were dreadful defensively against Barnsley and Forest atm are probably one of the worst teams attacking-wise ever to play in the second tier who almost everybody is keeping a clean shhet against atm.

I'd say it's only against Southampton we looked better defensively and even then Southampton breached our defence 3 or 4 times only to put great opportunities miles off target.

It's too early to say we've been more solid at the back since he's bee gone. I'd give it another couple of games (not against League Two Swindon) until we start jumping to such conclusions.

Oh sir, you weild facts like a mighty sword of truth. Well played.

If we keep clean sheets, and continue to score down the other end, I don't give a shit who is in defence!

If we keep clean sheets, and continue to score down the other end, I don't give a shit who is in defence!
Submitted to the Ministry for the Bleedin Obvious for inclusion in their next football guideline pamphlet.

We got Performance of the Week from the LMA ...

26 Jan 2012
AWAY WIN AGAINST SOUTHAMPTON EARNS LEICESTER THE ACCOLADE
The League Managers Association five-man Performance of the Week panel, comprising LMA Chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, were in agreement that this week, the F&C Thames River Performance of the Week Award should go to Leicester City following their excellent 2-0 away win against Southampton in the npower Championship on Monday 23rd January 2012.

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson will receive a specially engraved crystal football in a presentation to be screened on Sky Soccer Saturday on 28th January 2012.

The Foxes earned their first F&C Thames River Performance of the Week Award of the season after a fine display at St Mary’s.

Goals from David Nugent and Matt Mills gave the visitors victory and resulted in Leicester completing a double over the south coast side, following their 3-2 home success in August.

After the match, Pearson was delighted with the performance and result;

"I am very pleased for the players. They have put a lot in to the game tonight and they have got what they deserved.

"It is all well and good having talented players but whatever level you play at you must always work harder than the opposition and the work ethic really was exceptional.

"This is a long way to come for us all and for the supporters especially it is a great result.

"They made a tremendous noise and backed the players from the start right until the finish."

Here's another fact...for the past twelve months we've conceded goals like a sieve with Bamba in the back four. So for me there's a problem.

Exactly, The other 3 defenders must be contributing to this, also the Midfield was absolutely woeful during this period, offering no assistance to either the strikers or the defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669