Post Match Southampton 0 - 2 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the Hibs supporters have seen the Loch Ness monster. Fact.

At least you stopped Southampton from getting too far away from us.

Bamba in midfield is daft IMO. He may be a good ball winner but in midfield it's all about what you do with it aftwerwards. He'd make far too many mistakes on the ball when under pressure, which would restrict us going forwards.

But surely the point about Bamba's play is that he does not make mistakes under pressure. Instead of just hoofing it away, he will hold the ball up until there is a player in space to make a pass to, or take it forwards himself.

But surely the point about Bamba's play is that he does not make mistakes under pressure. Instead of just hoofing it away, he will hold the ball up until there is a player in space to make a pass to, or take it forwards himself.

I think part of the problem with Bamba is that when he is under pressure, his team-mates do not know how (or whether) he is going to get out of it. They don't know therefore whether to move to cover him or to move into position to take a pass. Somebody who plays in a more predictable/orthodox fashion must be easier to work with. However good he is, I don't see him ever being part of a good partnership.

You have a point, but it should be one of the back 4 covering him, as they should all cover each other, like when you leave two backs on a sole attacker at a corner. It is the midfield that should be looking for spaces.

I think part of the problem with Bamba is that when he is under pressure, his team-mates do not know how (or whether) he is going to get out of it. They don't know therefore whether to move to cover him or to move into position to take a pass. Somebody who plays in a more predictable/orthodox fashion must be easier to work with. However good he is, I don't see him ever being part of a good partnership.

Completely agree and very eloquently put.

I think part of the problem with Bamba is that when he is under pressure, his team-mates do not know how (or whether) he is going to get out of it.

With at least 5 days on the training ground together I would find them not knowing his game a fail of epic proportions.

With at least 5 days on the training ground together I would find them not knowing his game a fail of epic proportions.

I wonder if he knows it himself. He seems to make it up as he goes along.

I wonder if he knows it himself. He seems to make it up as he goes along.

Fabulous! No point in the opposition looking at the match DVD for stuff such as: goalie always dives to his left for a penalty, or right wing always cuts inside before making a cross etc. when trying to sus Bamba out.

He is one of about 3 players that entertains me when I watch a game.

I know, brilliant ent it?

It's entertaining. Whether it is what is needed is another question.

Fabulous! No point in the opposition looking at the match DVD for stuff such as: goalie always dives to his left for a penalty, or right wing always cuts inside before making a cross etc. when trying to sus Bamba out.

Yes - but you have got to balance the confusion that he puts in his team-mates minds against the confusion he causes to the opponents.

He is one of about 3 players that entertains me when I watch a game.

His 'entertainment quotient' was not what I had under consideration.

It's entertaining. Whether it is what is needed is another question.

Yes - but you have got to balance the confusion that he puts in his team-mates minds against the confusion he causes to the opponents.

The backs should be covering each other anyway. The midfield 'know' he is almost always going to win the tackle/challenge, get the ball and look for them in space. Where is the confusion?

So if Bamba were a boring, predictable 'hoofer', would that make him a greater asset to the team?

Maybe so, but I cannot remember when Bamba's style of play has cost us a goal, he is a delight to watch for me and is undoubtedly a better player than Mills.

We really should know better than to play someone who is mildly entertaining and doesn't cost us goals...plus it's just sheer madness to have someone in our team who can actually pass a ball to his own player every now and then.

get him out - that's what i say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670