Southampton match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melton Fox said:
Is it fair to call somebody an idiot for having a different view on things to you?
Too right it is! If you disagree with DesertFox, you are an idiot... FACT!
:icon_wink :icon_roll :icon_lol:

DesertFox said:
Too right it is! If you disagree with DesertFox, you are an idiot... FACT!
:icon_wink :icon_roll :icon_lol:
Fair point :icon_lol:

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
Oh no Joe that's not what I was implying, I for one think we should give Kelly at least one whole season in charge to see how he does but then again if we are in the same position by Christmas that we were in last Christmas then it may be time for him to go.

I don't think Rob Kelly would wait to be fired if he was failing. But I think we need to get things ins perspective here, we have just finished this season, RK worked minor miracle to get us out of deep doo doo. We appear to have been crap yesterday, well its not the first time for this group of players is it?

To be thinking about when would be the right time to get rid of RK before the players have been on their holidays seems to be a little OTT. Lets see what happens.

Last edited:
Hume!!!

MKFox said:
:102:
Securing safety in a very mediocre division should not be draining for well paid, pro athletes.....or am I being over critical?

No, but you are not being sufficiently cynical .

I wouldn't have expected anything other than a half-hearted effort given the circs. These guys were thinking about the summer beaches not grinding out a performance in a meaningless fixture. My impression is that this scenario was replicated in lots of games across the spectrum.

That said, my gut feeling is that next season is not going to be a succession of glorious triumphs and although RK has done a brilliant job I'm afraid that some people (not you MK, obviously) are going to need to lower their expectations.

how many tickets did we sell? looked full to me

Brauny Blue said:
glyn said:
Precisely why this game should be discounted from any serious analysis.

The year we got to the Swindon play-off final we lost the last game 7-1. The last two times we've been relegated from the Prem we won our last home games, despite winning only 4 or 5 others all season. Hell, the last time we got relegated we took Arsenal close in their unbeaten season!

End of season games do not mean a thing for future planning IMO.
No excuse imo. We could have put down a marker and shown a potential rival for next season that we mean buisness. If the players couldn't be arsed then maybe a few of our younger reserves should have played, at least you would have seen a bit of desire. Yes, the game had nothing riding on it, but don't give me the bollox about players being tired, cos it didn't stop the likes of Stoke knocking 5 in yesterday.

I didn't mean it was an excuse, just that no significance should be taken from end of season games in analysing plans for next season. In statistical terms, they are an outlier.

glyn said:
I didn't mean it was an excuse, just that no significance should be taken from end of season games in analysing plans for next season. In statistical terms, they are an outlier.

so the young southampton lad who scored 1 and 1 assist (i think), his performance should be discounted and he shouldn't be given another chance in the 1st team based on this performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669