Southampton match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
Hearts 3 Celtic 0 I bet Celtic are not bothered as Rangers will now not be able to finish second in the SPL.

... and Gretna will get a spot in Europe. :038:

Colin Gibson says the best performance of the season was the 4-2 defeat of Sheffield United at Filbert Street:icon_roll :102:

The_Lane said:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_razz I wish it was that exciting. ;)

I still don't understand why Kelly replaced Williams for Sylla:102: Kelly must see something in Momo on the training ground that we don't:102: :thumbs_do

FoxesGirl said:
I still don't understand why Kelly replaced Williams for Sylla:102: Kelly must see something in Momo on the training ground that we don't:102: :thumbs_do

I'd fully expected Momo to get on today.. Momo has barely featured under RK, and I think Kelly will be considering whether or not to get rid, so it makes sense to put him on today to try and help him in a decision..

FoxesGirl said:
Colin Gibson says the best performance of the season was the 4-2 defeat of Sheffield United at Filbert Street:icon_roll :102:

He doesn't even know who the players are! How he got on the radio is a mystery to me!

Just got back, a poor performance, a lot of misplaced passes and 2 scrappy goals.
Hume was ineffective, only when we got the ball to the feet of Fryatt did we look promising.
Williams did 1 good pass and nothing else. Sylla did 1 good cross and nothing else.
O'Grady was impressive again when he came on. Johansson also played well.
We need someone with bite in the middle, and also some strength up front, somthing that southampton had in Fuller.
The two main things we lacked today was physical presence up the field and a player with bite in the middle, like tiatto, but capable of passing the ball straight.
Seeing as we have £0 to spend, I could make a case for O'Grady (or someone with similar presence, no not MDV) and Fryatt up front, with Hume in the "rooney role" and Wesolowski holding.
All in all a poor performance and it was clear to see where we need strenghening, but there was nothing to play for apart from a higher league position.

Last edited:
Joe has hit the nail on the head. It was a dreadful performance with only Nils and Fryatt putting in reasonable stints. O'Grady was ok when he came on as well.

It was frightening how our midfield could not either a) control the ball b) pick out a 5 yard pass. Also get some money on Southampton next year, they'll be top 6.

Martyn said:
Joe has hit the nail on the head. It was a dreadful performance with only Nils and Fryatt putting in reasonable stints. O'Grady was ok when he came on as well.

It was frightening how our midfield could not either a) control the ball b) pick out a 5 yard pass. Also get some money on Southampton next year, they'll be top 6.
Agree could be to do with having a good experienced manager in George Burley.

Hazzman said:
Just seen both the goals on SSN, what fookin' poor defending. Gerry should be back.

McCarthy at fault for both. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_eek:

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
Rangers will now not be able to finish second in the SPL.

Yes they will, they have two games left.
If Rangers win in midweek and Hearts don't win then next Sunday's Rangers v Hearts match will decide it - I hope it's still alive then as I'll be at the match.

webmaster said:
Yes they will, they have two games left.
If Rangers win in midweek and Hearts don't win then next Sunday's Rangers v Hearts match will decide it - I hope it's still alive then as I'll be at the match.
Yeah realised that after I posted but I thought ther was only one mor game to play. Whoops!!!!:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669