Match Thread Southampton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Ricardo and no academy player on the bench. I can hear the knives being sharpened if we don’t win.

Wouldn’t have put Bilal in for Ayew, personally. Ayew was great against Bournemouth, and it moves Buonanotte back in the middle when he was superb on the right.

BDR is stealing a living at this level. Will Southampton continue to play out from the back and will we play a high press like we did last season against them?

Jeff correct me if I am wrong but did we not put 9 goals past them home and away? if we shape up against them similar to last year we will spank them.

let's see what SC does, judging by the line up we are going for it.

Personally, I think this game would have suited having Winks, Skipp and Ndidi in, so that Ndidi could play further up the pitch and use his ability to win the ball back there. I appreciate others might think differently and clearly we should have more attacking threat with the setup that has been chosen, I can just see how we might have a fair bit of joy against the way Southampton try to play with Wilf doing as I’ve suggested above.

Not that that means anything, obviously, but there you go.

Looks good to me. Bit more attacking.

A good opportunity for El Khannouss. Must have impressed in training.

He's been away with Morocco. So maybe he impressed for them.

I like everything about El Khannouss except for when he's actually played minutes for us. Hopefully, this is a sign that Cooper thinks he's ready.

Fatawu and Mavididi obviously not playing on the same pitch. That's a given.

The rest looks good.

Let's shit 'em.

And at the level we are, this absolutely makes sense. Very happy to swap one for the other with 20 minutes left and run at some tired fullbacks
It doesn't. At all. But it's not a surprise anymore.

I'm interested in seeing what El Khannouss is all about though. Hopefully his first minutes for us were just him getting up to speed because they were horrific. I'm really hoping he comes good today and shows us what he's all about.

Personally, I think this game would have suited having Winks, Skipp and Ndidi in, so that Ndidi could play further up the pitch and use his ability to win the ball back there. I appreciate others might think differently and clearly we should have more attacking threat with the setup that has been chosen, I can just see how we might have a fair bit of joy against the way Southampton try to play with Wilf doing as I’ve suggested above.

Not that that means anything, obviously, but there you go.
Bilal is apparently very good at.pressing

So much Premier League experience on the bench ready to come on.

Let’s ****ing av’em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool821
2Manchester C  820
3Arsenal817
4Aston Villa817
5Brighton815
6Chelsea814
7Tottenham 813
8Nottm F813