Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salty has failed to impress since his opener - yet King displayed maturity of approach and I don't see why he can't be given the AM role with Hendrie going out left.

Thing is, we have been listening to people saying that the frontline problem was down to service - but now that they get more service than [insert Wimbledon/whore analogy here] what excuses does anyone have left.

I'd stick with a tall one and a fast one not because of their abilities in front of goal but because the ball is more likely to bounce off one of them into the net. DJ worries defenders like I worry the complaints department of Royal Mail...at some point that really has to pay off for us.

Two insults in one post?

Yes - I notice that as our league position deteriorates, the tetchiness and indeed offensiveness of some posters increases.

If we get relegated, i think it best that all steel cutlery should be confiscated and plastic knives & forks issued.

On the Southampton game: I dont know what striker combination should be tried - I think you could make a case for any and all of them. To fail to score any goals with so many chances on Saturday is very worrying - we have enough strikers who should score a few goal but none of them can and this is very puzzling.

Things need to change and quickly - it is crucial that we gain something from one at least of the next two games, because I fear that if we fall into the bottom three we don't have the momentum in the club to climb out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure wether you noticed or not, but it didn't fcuking work!, it failed!!!

We didn't win and we didn't score!!!!!!

Also it would mean playing the square pegs in the square holes. For me, the answer to your question is a no brainer.

But people are saying that if we play like that every week, the goals will come and we will win the Champions League the season after next. I read it on this very forum!

But people are saying that if we play like that every week, the goals will come and we will win the Champions League the season after next. I read it on this very forum!
Yes, and do them same people expect us to get anything better than a draw if we don't score?

We have 9 left to play ( I think), so by my reckoning we'll get an absolute maximum of 9 points if we go for 9 games without conceding. It may see us safe, but I doubt it'll get us into the Champions League.

However, if we continue to play with so many strikers, I can't help but think we'll concede a goal at some point, hence why in my team selection I've narrowed it down to starting with just two of them.

But, and it's a big but, my idea is different to that of those people you speak of. I say we don't play like that every game, I say we try and score. This I think, will possibly gain us more points in the long term.

I'm not sure wether you noticed or not, but it didn't fcuking work!, it failed!!!

We didn't win and we didn't score!!!!!!

Also it would mean playing the square pegs in the square holes. For me, the answer to your question is a no brainer.

So you've got Hume up front yet he was guilty of most missed chances on Saturday. That certainly makes a lot of sense.

Whatever you may think, a team needs time to gel. That team on Saturday played well, give them another chance, otherwise you send out the wrong vibes.

So you've got Hume up front yet he was guilty of most missed chances on Saturday. That certainly makes a lot of sense.

Whatever you may think, a team needs time to gel. That team on Saturday played well, give them another chance, otherwise you send out the wrong vibes.
Because when him and Fryatt were playing together before, it worked.

Hume missed the most chances, but he was in positions to be scoring them. The cnut shouldn't have been there, he should have been on the wing.

Iain Hume is the best finisher at the club (IMO), so he should be in that position. I'm not a big fan of punishing somebody just because they had a bad game. As a striker you need regular games in that position and it will come.

Yes, Hume was the guiltiest on Saturday, yes his misses cost us three points, but I allow him a little "get off clause" for the fact he hasn't been playing up front on a regular basis.

Hume missed the most chances, but he was in positions to be scoring them. The cnut shouldn't have been there, he should have been on the wing.

Iain Hume is the best finisher at the club (IMO), so he should be in that position. I'm not a big fan of punishing somebody just because they had a bad game. As a striker you need regular games in that position and it will come.

Yes, Hume was the guiltiest on Saturday, yes his misses cost us three points, but I allow him a little "get off clause" for the fact he hasn't been playing up front on a regular basis.

They costs us 2 points. His stupid back-heel/flick thingee down in the corner could have cost us the other one but thankfully it didn't.

They costs us 2 points. His stupid back-heel/flick thingee down in the corner could have cost us the other one but thankfully it didn't.
Sorry, two. But I'm sure you got my drift.

Really?:102:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah, some common sense, play Hume up front on a regular basis and his scoring touch will return.:023:

DJ has to play because no one else has any pace at all, can you imagine Howard and Fryatt up front :icon_eek:

Hume should probably play with him but then the strikers are too small.

**** it, we're gonna lose anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670