Southend 0-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super atmosphere and celebrations at the end, the 'hand ball' took place right in front of us and I can say with some confidence that it was never a penalty. But it was cooly slotted and on we march to the championship!

A truly great 7 days in the life of a Leicester fan

Just got back!! Great day, great result great atmos. Not sure what all the agro was about any one know?

Just got back!! Great day, great result great atmos. Not sure what all the agro was about any one know?

I think the fight near us was just Southend fans at blows, there was no way any Leicester fans could have gotten across, but there may have been city fans in the far corner next to the south stand as it kicked off after we went 2-0 up

And your the clever one lol

Two clever moves. I can predict us being champions and I can kill myself with lung cancer before I get Alzheimers (did you know that smoking protects against Alzheimers but kills you anyway??? Much better way to go!)

Oh, and a third! I know the difference between your and you're!!!!

:)

From 'Shrimpzone'

''It seems ironic, that on the 20th anniversary of a tragic football disaster, (that could have probably been avoided, if it wasn't for the inept coppers) we had scenes like that yesterday. I know SUFC are a s*** club anyway (not the team, who i love, just the idiots running it) but yesterday was disgracefull. It all could have been avoided.

And another massive question that should be posed to the club;

WHAT IF SOMEONE HAD A WEAPON?

We could have been posting condolences this morning. Lucky we're not, Question is, what are the club going to do about it?
''

Perhaps a tad over the top?

Last edited:
I've just read the whole of that thread on the Southend forum.

The biggest load of shite i've ever read in my life. They made it out like another 'Hillsborough' was on the cards. It was nothing like that at all. Yesterday was a huge game for us, and for crying out loud a dozen or so fans got a little over excited and spilled out on to the pitch. Not exactly life threatening is it.

I thought our fans were excellent yesterday, and were in no way as bad as what is being made out on their forum.

After watching the goals on The Championship, I thought the hand ball was harsh. It was unintentional, the ball spun quite wickedly off the ground, and there wasn't any City players close by.

After watching the goals on The Championship, I thought the hand ball was harsh. It was unintentional, the ball spun quite wickedly off the ground, and there wasn't any City players close by.

Everyone still appealed and I think the ref panicked, it really riled their fans aswell which was funny

Did you notice the defender on line try to punch Fryatt's header away? :icon_lol:

You can now watch it as often as you like (for the next week) on the Virgin Media site. I don't think there can be the slightest doubt that there was movement of the arm towards the ball. There was not the slightest argument from the player himself.

I'm not sure of the relevance of the whereabouts of City players. Is there something new in the rules about handball that hasn't been widely publicised?

You can now watch it as often as you like (for the next week) on the Virgin Media site. I don't think there can be the slightest doubt that there was movement of the arm towards the ball. There was not the slightest argument from the player himself.

I'm not sure of the relevance of the whereabouts of City players. Is there something new in the rules about handball that hasn't been widely publicised?

I really wish they would get rid of the "ball to hand" rule (or is that just commentator talk, the same as the "last man" rule?). If the ball strikes your arm or hand, it's handball, simples.

I really wish they would get rid of the "ball to hand" rule (or is that just commentator talk, the same as the "last man" rule?). If the ball strikes your arm or hand, it's handball, simples.

It is just commentator talk - not that I mentioned ball-to-hand. All the Laws of the Game says is that for handball to be an infringement, it has to be intentional. Movement of the hand towards the ball may (or may not) be something that will suggest to the referee that it was intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669