Spurs Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martyn said:
In that case Joe then surely you play Stearman at right back and Maybury at left back?

Even though Maybury has been appalling recently, you wouldn't necessarily want to throw Sheehan in against Aaron Lennon.

I dont like playing players out of position. it is best to have a naturally left footed player on the left than a player on the wrong side. Maybury is much worse when he plays on the left.

4-5-1?:frown: :icon_roll

Five Changes For Foxes

Craig Levein has made five changes to his line up for the FA Cup third round tie against Tottenham Hotspur at the Walkers Stadium.

In come Nils-Eric Johansson, Gareth Williams, Ryan Smith, Joe Hamill and Mark de Vries for Dion Dublin, Danny Tiatto, Patrick Kisnorbo, Iain Hume and Elvis Hammond.

Tiatto misses the game after tearing his hamstring in the 2-0 defeat at Palace on Monday, while Dublin, Hume, Hammond and Kisnorbo are all named on the bench.

The Foxes look set to line up in a 4-5-1 formation, with de Vries employed as a lone striker.

The last encounter between the two sides was the thrilling 4-4 Premiership draw at White Hart lane in February 2004.

City: Douglas, Stearman, McCarthy, Johansson, Maybury, Smith, Hughes, Gudjonsson, Williams, Hamill, de Vries.
Subs: Henderson, Hammond, Hume, Kisnorbo, Dublin.

Bloody 4-5-1, what a fookin joke you are Levein. We are not in the league, we have nothing to lose, why are you being such a twat?

Spurs: Robinson, Kelly, Stalteri, Rasiak, Keane, Brown, Dawson, Carrick, Lennon, Jenas, Gardner.
Subs: Cerny, Tainio, Pamarot, Defoe, Routledge

That is a shocking choice of team especially at home and on the telly. You would have thought we would actually want to show we are a decent side. I bet the spurs fans are laughing
Anyway i have the alcohol and anti-depressants ready for the inevitable

chrislcfc18 said:
That is a shocking choice of team especially at home and on the telly. You would have thought we would actually want to show we are a decent side. I bet the spurs fans are laughing
Anyway i have the alcohol and anti-depressants ready for the inevitable

I doubt the Spurs fans are bothered about who is playing for us.

that is true. I was also thinking about the Spurs defence but i dont think they would be bothered either.
Just puzzles me why put out a defensive minded formation when the last thing you want is a replay. I know that would give us a bit of money but almost guaranteed to be knocked out. Would like us just to go for it in this game. Stick Hammond and Hume up front and try to run the spurs defence ragged.

I'll leave the slating f the Formation until I see how much Smith,Williams and Hughes get forward to support MDV.I really can't see why Hammill is playing though:icon_roll

Maybury already done down the left. :icon_roll

Promising start so far :)

Let in another goal from a set piece. 0-1

Gary Mills:

"Leicester are 1-0 down and they don't deserve to be"

Now, where have I heard that before this season? Oh yeah, just about every feckin game :icon_sad: :icon_roll

spurs fans singing "shall we sing a song for you?" :icon_conf

We defended a set piece. :eek: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673