Square pegs round holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornishfox

Our form before christmas was basicaly blamed on the shape of the team.
This has been addressed in the trandfer window by bringing in two wingers an experienced midfielder, two strikers and an experienced left back.

With the additions that have been made and if all players are fit the team should have eleven players playing in there best positions, this is not happening.

I can't see that there can be any more excuses from holloway about our performances, and there certainly cant be any reason to play people out of position. IMO everything should now fall on his shoulders and it is purely down to him to get the team performing.

Our form before christmas was basicaly blamed on the shape of the team.
This has been addressed in the trandfer window by bringing in two wingers an experienced midfielder, two strikers and an experienced left back.

With the additions that have been made and if all players are fit the team should have eleven players playing in there best positions, this is not happening.

I can't see that there can be any more excuses from holloway about our performances, and there certainly cant be any reason to play people out of position. IMO everything should now fall on his shoulders and it is purely down to him to get the team performing.

Once again yesterday,as at Blackpool the previous week it was evident that Hume is not a right winger/midfielder.If he is thought to be the best player at the club in that position then by all means play him there but it seeems to me (Just a small insignificant fan who spends his hard earned every week to follow the team.)that he is being played there just to accomodate him-WHY?.
On the striker front everyone who reads these forums on a regular basis will know that I am a big Fryatt fan,and although he works hard to close people down I dont see what Hayles brings to the party,he certainly isnt a prolific goalscorer.I would expect Matty or DJ to score more if the supply line is good to them-There in lies the problem

When we signed Bazza Hayles I thought he would be an option on the bench for IH - I have been amazed he's played before Hume, Fryatt or DJ (now fit) up front each week. He's been very poor for us on the whole I think, extremely fortunate for both his goals so far too.

Last edited:
on the basis that Chambers did most of the crossing on Saturday and Ollie has mentioned a more defensive wide system away from home, will we see Chambers & Mattock playing the wide roles in front of Stearman & Clapham against Watford?

When we signed Bazza Hayles I thought he would be an option on the bench for IH - I have been amazed he's played before Hume, Fryatt or DJ (now fit) up front each week. He's been very poor for us on the whole I think, extremely fortunate for both his goals so far too.

I will be extremely surprised if its not Howard and Campbell up front tomorrow,I think he will continue with Hume on the right mainly because his other options are no better.We should have got in a proven Championship standard Right Winger in January but its gone now:102:

I will be extremely surprised if its not Howard and Campbell up front tomorrow,I think he will continue with Hume on the right mainly because his other options are no better.We should have got in a proven Championship standard Right Winger in January but its gone now:102:

What about bori on the right and howard and hume up front:045:

What about bori on the right and howard and hume up front:045:

Maybe but I think Campbell should be given a run in the team now he is fit,he didn't look that bad on Saturday and will get better and sharper when he gets games under his belt IMO.

Maybe but I think Campbell should be given a run in the team now he is fit,he didn't look that bad on Saturday and will get better and sharper when he gets games under his belt IMO.

He also got five yards closer to Howard's flick ons than either the hapless Hayles or the useless Hume did - which makes him the only option IMO (assuming that we continue to play the tactic of a big hoof up the middle of the pitch, rather than actually playing football)

He HAS to play alongside Howard. Holloway even said Hayles wasn't bought to partner Howard.

We should have got in a proven Championship standard Right Winger in January but its gone now:102:

He has admitted himself the Hungarians were only supposed to be back up. We missed out on quite a few targets, Sinclair, Martin, Norris, Johnson.

He has admitted himself the Hungarians were only supposed to be back up. We missed out on quite a few targets, Sinclair, Martin, Norris, Johnson.

I was a little surprised Gradel was sent back to Bournemouth,surely he was worth a try...or am I clutching at straws....again?

I thought Hume was better than normal on Saturday. Still pretty shite though.

My thoughts entirely.

He's not a Right Winger but its hard to know who to put there tbh.I think that Laczko guy could well end up as the new joke player,seems a bit of a headless chicken to me:icon_conf

I was a little surprised Gradel was sent back to Bournemouth,surely he was worth a try...or am I clutching at straws....again?

I presume at this moment he thinks he would be no better than Hume and Bori. Would have done no harm in having him here.

He's not a Right Winger but its hard to know who to put there tbh.I think that Laczko guy could well end up as the new joke player,seems a bit of a headless chicken to me:icon_conf

He wasn't helped by the fact that he had someone behind him who, apparently, was unable to leave his own half for any reason whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566