Square pegs round holes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a Right Winger but its hard to know who to put there tbh.I think that Laczko guy could well end up as the new joke player,seems a bit of a headless chicken to me:icon_conf

Bori looks like a right winger to me, and at least is worth a try

I was a little surprised Gradel was sent back to Bournemouth,surely he was worth a try...or am I clutching at straws....again?

No you're not, what is Gradel going to learn at a team that is constantly losing and now in administration ? How to be on the losing side perhaps.
I'm a great believer that if they are good enough they should be given a chance... other than Mattock, our younger players are given the odd game now and again and now Holloway seems intent on loaning them all out, supposedly to get them experience when it's more likely to put them in the shop window. Sheehan is the perfect example.

He's not a Right Winger but its hard to know who to put there tbh.I think that Laczko guy could well end up as the new joke player,seems a bit of a headless chicken to me:icon_conf

For what it's worth I think we might as well play a Hungarian on each wing and give them 4 or 5 games to bed in. They have both shown glimpses of doing things well and at least they would be playing in position. At least we might get some width and a bit of creativity from what currently is a dire midfield.

Then put Howard and DJ up front for a similar stint, if DJ doesnt produce the goods then bring Hume in for him, in the meantime Hume could be used as an impact player from the bench.

For what it's worth I think we might as well play a Hungarian on each wing and give them 4 or 5 games to bed in. They have both shown glimpses of doing things well and at least they would be playing in position. At least we might get some width and a bit of creativity from what currently is a dire midfield.

Then put Howard and DJ up front for a similar stint, if DJ doesnt produce the goods then bring Hume in for him, in the meantime Hume could be used as an impact player from the bench.
Bang on!!!

Not a bad idea,I do wish he would not constantly keep chopping and changing the team even if we lose keep the same eleven...just don't put Hayles in it FFS

Far too sensible a suggestion

We should play them there in one full game only, then when they don't produce the goods in the very next game (only their second game in English football EVER) we should never ever give them another chance, but should instead put some feckwits supposed strikers there who couldn't pass wind, let alone the feckin football

That's the future

Last edited:
Howard and Fryatt up front for me. I think Hume is better than Bori on the wing TBH - although I wasn't at the Coventry match of course!

I'd be tempted to drop Howard too. If the ref won't let him get away with fouling defenders he disappears from the game, he was anonymous for most of Saturday's match. Having Campbell alongside Hume or Fryatt may work well, and could stop us from hoofing it.

I don't think Hume could make much of an impact from the bench, it's not like he's someone who can take advantage of tiring defenders with pace or strength. On Saturday he tried hard but his passing was woeful. After his first couple of games on the wing earlier in the season I thought he did OK, but since then he's been rubbish in that position. The only time he looked any good on Saturday was when he went up front for while.

I'd be tempted to drop Howard too. If the ref won't let him get away with fouling defenders he disappears from the game, he was anonymous for most of Saturday's match. Having Campbell alongside Hume or Fryatt may work well, and could stop us from hoofing it.

I don't think Hume could make much of an impact from the bench, it's not like he's someone who can take advantage of tiring defenders with pace or strength. On Saturday he tried hard but his passing was woeful. After his first couple of games on the wing earlier in the season I thought he did OK, but since then he's been rubbish in that position. The only time he looked any good on Saturday was when he went up front for while.

Howard is the best striker in the league :icon_roll (according to Holloway)

Howard is the best striker in the league :icon_roll (according to Holloway)

He did ok against Plymouth I thought. He will get goals for us, I am more sure of him doing that than any other forward we have - but that's a large part due to the style of football we're playing currently too.

Howard is a decent player, but you have to play to his strengths and that's getting the ball wide and whipping in crosses. He's not mobile enough to deal with balls pumped from deep all game long.... but currently our "wingers" can't do that.

Howard is a decent player, but you have to play to his strengths and that's getting the ball wide and whipping in crosses. He's not mobile enough to deal with balls pumped from deep all game long.... but currently our "wingers" can't do that.

Exactly,the ball needs to be crossed from the byline and we haven't a player who can get to the byline and do that..maybe Laczko:102:

Exactly,the ball needs to be crossed from the byline and we haven't a player who can get to the byline and do that..maybe Laczko:102:
Holloway isn't stupid H, he knows exactly the type of players he needs to buy before the transfer window closes to suit that style of play. He told us to judge him then, so I'll wait.

It's under control H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670