Square pegs round holes

Status
Not open for further replies.
they're all toss and every manager we get manages to sign more toss and make the toss that other managers signed look like toss, cos they are

toss toss toss and dross

not going again this season

Last edited:
Exactly,the ball needs to be crossed from the byline and we haven't a player who can get to the byline and do that..maybe Laczko:102:

He and Bori did it against Cov, he seems completely out of sorts since then though.

Out of interest... have we actually started with the team that beat Cov 2-0 since that game?

He and Bori did it against Cov, he seems completely out of sorts since then though.

Out of interest... have we actually started with the team that beat Cov 2-0 since that game?

No ! in fact, if memory serves, they haven't actually been on the pitch at the same time since.

for me, the problem is the size of the job that Ollie has faced due to years of incompetence, provided with it's Top Hat by mental martin allen and his magical chequebook.

18 players have had to go in and out in January to try and rectify the situation. which hardly means that Ollie should
a, have built a team already that plays exactly as he wants
or
b, have fixed all of the 100 problems that the team and club had when he arrived.

The performances have been mixed with the theme being that we haven't played fluent football with confidence for any great length of time. We aren't shipping goals by any means as we rarely if ever concede more than 1. So it's not incompitence of tactics we are faced with. The problems are in having the confidence, performance and composure to dominate games for 60-70 mins. This can't be fixed in under half a season, even if you are a magician and whilst it is fine to be critical of individual poor performances and lack of consistency, we can't accuse Ollie of not trying to do things the right way, and not trying get in the right players to play a good brand of football. he's been trying EVERYTHING. But Rome wasn't built in a day, and even the weirdo's on Time Team have had to dig away less layers of sh*te to get to what they are after.

my team for Watford would be:

Alnwick

Stearman McAuley Kisnorbo Clapham

Bori Oakley Clemence Mattock

Howard Campbell

Subs: Hayles, Fryatt, Lazcko, Hume, Hendo

Try and dominate the centre of midfield, Play mattock in front of Clapham, give him a bit less defensive responsibility as he has a good left peg and good touch higher up the pitch. Stearman and Oakley can also give Bori a bit of support to get the best out of his passing and positional sens. Playing into channels is fine, but crossfield lumps to Howard is not going to allow us to dominate possession or midfield runners or campbell into the game regularly.

For what it's worth I think we might as well play a Hungarian on each wing and give them 4 or 5 games to bed in. They have both shown glimpses of doing things well and at least they would be playing in position. At least we might get some width and a bit of creativity from what currently is a dire midfield.

Then put Howard and DJ up front for a similar stint, if DJ doesnt produce the goods then bring Hume in for him, in the meantime Hume could be used as an impact player from the bench.

Am I right in thinking they have started just the one game together - Coventry - and looked pretty good that day.

Alnwick

McAuley N'gotty Kisnorbo

Bori Oakley Kishishev Clemence Laczko

Howard Campbell

subs Fryatt, Hume, Wesolowski, Mattock, J. Chambers.

That would be my prefered system and choice of players. I know Kishishev hasn't played for us for some time, but he can't do any worse than the others.

I'd be tempted to drop Howard too. If the ref won't let him get away with fouling defenders he disappears from the game, he was anonymous for most of Saturday's match. Having Campbell alongside Hume or Fryatt may work well, and could stop us from hoofing it.

I don't think Hume could make much of an impact from the bench, it's not like he's someone who can take advantage of tiring defenders with pace or strength. On Saturday he tried hard but his passing was woeful. After his first couple of games on the wing earlier in the season I thought he did OK, but since then he's been rubbish in that position. The only time he looked any good on Saturday was when he went up front for while.

I would persevere with Howard up front, probably with Hume, but I would replace both after an hour if it wasn't working and put Campbell and Fryatt up top.

Howard is a decent player, but you have to play to his strengths and that's getting the ball wide and whipping in crosses. He's not mobile enough to deal with balls pumped from deep all game long.... but currently our "wingers" can't do that.

Ahead of Tuesday's trip to Watford, and in the wake of the loss to Plymouth, Holloway has reminded his side not to rely on Howard's aerial strength.

"When you've got someone like Steve in your team you've got to use him properly," he told BBC Radio Leicester.

"We played far too many balls off Steve's head."

Holloway joked: "I put a target on his head in training this morning.

"He's a target man but the target should be his chest or his feet not always his head - that's an additional thing." Ahead of Tuesday's trip to Watford, and in the wake of the loss to Plymouth, Holloway has reminded his side not to rely on Howard's aerial strength.

"When you've got someone like Steve in your team you've got to use him properly," he told BBC Radio Leicester.

"He's a target man but the target should be his chest or his feet not always his head - that's an additional thing."

Ahead of Tuesday's trip to Watford, and in the wake of the loss to Plymouth, Holloway has reminded his side not to rely on Howard's aerial strength.

"He's a target man but the target should be his chest or his feet not always his head - that's an additional thing." Ahead of Tuesday's trip to Watford, and in the wake of the loss to Plymouth, Holloway has reminded his side not to rely on Howard's aerial strength.

"He's a target man but the target should be his chest or his feet not always his head - that's an additional thing."

He's lost the plot,he's repeating himself

If we're playing too many balls of Steve's head, why has Holloway put a target on it in training this morning?. Surely it's wiser to remove, or relocate the target?

Alnwick

McAuley N'gotty Kisnorbo

Howard Campbell

subs Fryatt, Hayles, Wesolowski, Mattock, J. Chambers

same as Trifull's team but without the canuck

If we win tonight I'll consider a bradford egg whistler.

The Bradford egg whistler is safe.

Alnwick

McAuley N'gotty Kisnorbo

Howard Campbell

subs Fryatt, Hayles, Wesolowski, Mattock, J. Chambers

same as Trifull's team but without the canuck

:icon_eek: you agreed with me on team selection :icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts