Srivaddhanaprabha family

Status
Not open for further replies.

FryattFox

Given all of the various posts thanking various members of the team, management and Homer, I just wanted to highlight that I doubt any of this would have happened without our owners. And certainly not to the level of stability and investment that we currently have. If you look at clubs like Hull, Newcastle, Blackburn, Blackpool, etc, you realise how lucky we currently are in respect of our owners.

They've made mistakes (Sousa, Sven), but have learnt from these and weren't too proud to go back to Pearson. They could have lost interest after two pretty mediocre seasons (10/11 & 11/12), or after various play-off heartbreaks, but they've kept faith in the long term plan and more importantly in the management team. They've spent huge sums to achieve this, but must be bloody happy with their investment now. Never mind a number of lovely gestures they've made for fans and the local community.

Even this season, they've stuck by NP (disregarding that one afternoon in early Feb...) and we are reaping the rewards now. Our club is in an incredible position, with excellent facilities, team-structure and investment, and we've just had two of the best seasons in a long time.

Thanks Top et al. :038:

Agreed. And if the stories are true thank the Lord that father listened to son!

They really have been superb and it's nice to be able to cast cynicism aside. The best things they've done are nothing to do with on the pitch happenings; buying the stadium and converting the debt to equity were brilliant moves and the relatively light spending this season demonstrates that they're not about to spunk money all over the place and put the club's futhre in jeopardy.

Yes, they've made mistakes. No doubt there will be more along the way. But at least we know that any mistakes won't be for the want of a desire to make the right decision for the club. I'm glad to have them in charge (I won't say we're lucky; not ****ing the club up should be the minimum expectation) and it's hard to see them disappearing any time soon.

[h=2]Singing: "Srivaddhanaprabha family; there's only one Srivaddhanaprabha family,[/h][h=2]one Srivaddhanaprabha fam......ily, etc ."[/h]It needs a bit of practice, especially after a couple of beers, but it's the thought that counts....

Singing: "Srivaddhanaprabha family; there's only one Srivaddhanaprabha family,

one Srivaddhanaprabha fam......ily, etc ."

It needs a bit of practice, especially after a couple of beers, but it's the thought that counts....
Nice.

Their initial fumblings at managing a club were the final nail in my season ticket's coffin. The removal of Pearson and ensuing nonsense did nothing but confirm to me they were yet another in a line of incompetents bent on asking not what they could do for the club but what the club could do for their bank balance.

How abjectly wrong I was.

They deserve every credit. They also deserve the huge amount of wonga that is about to be transferred into their savings account.

They also deserve the huge amount of wonga that is about to be transferred into their savings account.

Unlikely tbh.

There are very few instances of any clubs making money for their owners, even in the PL. Arsenal, and potentially Mike Ashley (although that's more from stripping clubs of their assets) being the only real exceptions.

Whilst we're embarking into an even higher level of TV revenue-deals, the previous 20+ seasons of increases in revenue haven't seen any benefits to owners, so I very much doubt that this one will.

Unlikely tbh.

There are very few instances of any clubs making money for their owners, even in the PL. Arsenal, and potentially Mike Ashley (although that's more from stripping clubs of their assets) being the only real exceptions.

Whilst we're embarking into an even higher level of TV revenue-deals, the previous 20+ seasons of increases in revenue haven't seen any benefits to owners, so I very much doubt that this one will.

Which makes you wonder...what's the point?

Getting their brand in the public eye.

I imagine the business plan is exactly that. With PL football the TV sport of choice in Asia to watch, King Power can become a bigger global brand, and hence increase profits for the company.

The world media exposure they got with the televised Manure 5-3 drubbing was worth 10s of millions.

I expect the owners to invest the TV money into the club as the best and most cost effective global marketing and advertising for their brand.

The glory?

You are absolutely right. Money is not an end in itself - but it can buy status. In other words Vichai can make dramatic takeoffs from a football ground in his helicopter and Top can mix with Sir Alex Ferguson and Roman Abramavitch. As a young man my parents gave me a transistor radio; Top's dad gave him a football club - how cool is that.

It may be that Top believed Sven would bring in David Beckham and he would get to meet Dreary Spice. This never happened. Nigel has brought in Marcin Wasilewski; but it is never difficult to distinguish between Wasilewski and a Spice Girl.

You are absolutely right. Money is not an end in itself - but it can buy status. In other words Vichai can make dramatic takeoffs from a football ground in his helicopter and Top can mix with Sir Alex Ferguson and Roman Abramavitch. As a young man my parents gave me a transistor radio; Top's dad gave him a football club - how cool is that.

It may be that Top believed Sven would bring in David Beckham and he would get to meet Dreary Spice. This never happened. Nigel has brought in Marcin Wasilewski; but it is never difficult to distinguish between Wasilewski and a Spice Girl.
The beard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469