Stadium development latest

Bumping this up seeing as the council are due to make a decision on this tomorrow.

Several objections have been made but none so serious as to prevent approval being given.

Bumping this up seeing as the council are due to make a decision on this tomorrow.

Several objections have been made but none so serious as to prevent approval being given.
Did they make a decision I wonder? Not seen anything about it anywhere.

Did they make a decision I wonder? Not seen anything about it anywhere.

It appears as though the decision has been moved to 20th April. Quite a delay. The reason for which can only be guessed at.

It may well inhibit the club from its proposed schedule though.

July deadline missed by the City council no new date for the planning application so far

July deadline missed by the City council no new date for the planning application so far
Shouldn't that read that the club has missed the deadline to update their application? I think they are delaying planning so that they don't have to start spending.

Slightly concerned about everything going on off the pitch at the club at the moment.

Fan engagement and communication is next to non existent.

Shouldn't that read that the club has missed the deadline to update their application? I think they are delaying planning so that they don't have to start spending.
No apparently the council cancelled the planning committee meeting

No apparently the council cancelled the planning committee meeting
I don't believe for a second that any city council in the country wouldn't be working very closely with its local football club on delivering planning. This will almost certainly be because they are rescheduling things to suit the club's needs

Looks like the club and the council are mutually not moving on it any more. Seems to be heading for the long grass.

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/la...c-stadium-expansion-delayed-again-01-08-2022/
Doesn't read like that to me. It suggests the the Council are still as incompetent as they have ever been. I should know, I used to work for the LCC property department. It was a fair few years ago now like, but they were ****ing useless back then and the folks I know who still work there dont think much has changed. They've missed 7 out of the last 8 planning committee meetings and the agendas for those things were almost always full to the brim so the backlog at the moment will be ****ing huge.

I don't believe for a second that any city council in the country wouldn't be working very closely with its local football club on delivering planning. This will almost certainly be because they are rescheduling things to suit the club's needs
Believe it. They are a combination of completely incompetent and extremely overwhelmed since the start of the year.

Word on the street is that the loan we took out last week is secured against our PL TV income for the next three years in order to fund the beginning of the stadium development.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463