Standing for Tigers fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

A delegation from Leicester Tigers and Leicester City will travel to Germany on Thursday to visit two Bundasliga football clubs who have installed temporary terracing at their grounds. Peter Tom, Leicester Tigers chairman, and David Clayton, Leicester Tigers managing director, will be joined by Tim Davies and Andrew Neville from Leicester City on a whistle-stop day-trip which will take in visits to the home grounds of Borussia Mönchengladbach and SV Hamburg.

Both German clubs currently incorporate a section of temporary terracing within their stadia and the purpose of the visit is to investigate whether or not something similar might be possible if Tigers' proposed move to Walkers Stadium goes ahead.

"We recognise that terracing is an issue that concerns a number of our supporters and we are visiting these clubs to see whether it might be possible to install a similar type of temporary terrace construction for Tigers matches at the Walkers Stadium," said David Clayton.

Would this result in a smaller capacity for city?
I believe the prem and the championship grounds should be all-seaters after the Taylor report. You did say temporary webbo .
How should that be interpreted.
Either
1 Seats taken out just for tigers match day
2 Some kind of standing allowed for a short period of time as an experiment

Brauny Blue said:
Would this result in a smaller capacity for city?
I believe the prem and the championship grounds should be all-seaters after the Taylor report. You did say temporary webbo .
How should that be interpreted.
Either
1 Seats taken out just for tigers match day
2 Some kind of standing allowed for a short period of time as an experiment

It sounds like standing just for Tigers fans, with the seats replaced for football matches. The way they do it in Germany, they can have standing for league games, but seats for European games when standing isn't allowed.

Don't know what it would do to the capacity - presumably that's one of the things they'll look at during their visit.

I say bring terracing for all, it would solve a problem of people who want to stand whether the seats are there or not.

I say they've got plenty of terracing at Welford Road, so why don't they feck off and stay there

This is an absolute joke! Anything else we can do for them before they move in to our stadium? perhaps we could rename it 'The Leicester Tigers Stadium' or maybe we could have a word with the Football League and start using rugby posts for goals.

The Egg Chasers have gone to far now. Stay were you belong in that poxy run down crap hole.

NO to the stadium share.

poo

What an intelligent response.

Get a life and stop embarrassing the vast majority of normal Leicester City / Football fans.

1966 said:

Get a life and stop embarrassing the vast majority of normal Leicester City / Football fans.

Totally agree with the above. A lot of LCFC fans do not want the groundshare - but slagging off Tigers, whats that going to do?? Very immature

1966 said:

I care for my club. Just because some of you seem to think selling the clubs soul to the metaphoric devil of rugger is a good idea. I have consistently opposed the idea of a ground share and feel that voicing my opinions is what a forum is all about. Maybe I'm missing the point, maybe I should just roll over and say to all egg chasers "Hoorah for Rugger! Maybe, but maybe not. It's a terrible idea and those for it are short sighted and even a little stupid (in my OPINION).

What are the reasons for being against it though? Apart from the loss of identity (Leicester City are a bankrupt company so quite what identity you feel that name has i'm not sure) and shite about the knackered pitch I can't see what the problem is.

It seems to me that the majority of people against the groundshare are the Leicester City fans who don't like rugby. Thats fair enough, but when there are no significant reasons to stop the share other than that then I'm all for it.

By the way, do you really think that by sharing our clubs stadium with a rugby team, that we are selling our soul? I would have thought if that was the case then you would have been against the move from Filbert Street, surely a soul selling move if there is one. Bulldozing 115+ yrs of history to line the corporate pocket seems more of an issue than cutting our debts and having some 'egg chasers' on our hallowed turf once a fortnight.

Joe_Fox said:
1966 said:

I care for my club. Just because some of you seem to think selling the clubs soul to the metaphoric devil of rugger is a good idea. I have consistently opposed the idea of a ground share and feel that voicing my opinions is what a forum is all about. Maybe I'm missing the point, maybe I should just roll over and say to all egg chasers "Hoorah for Rugger! Maybe, but maybe not. It's a terrible idea and those for it are short sighted and even a little stupid (in my OPINION).

I dont think its that people disagree with you about not wanting rugby at our stadium, its the way you are going about it. It is very childish and immature.

Sorry, got to disagree Joe. We do not own the stadium at the moment but we are still Leicester City!
If we try to own the stadium outright it will take about 15 years and up to £25million, including interest payments. If we groundshare, we get half the stadium now for maybe £6 -£10million. So we save £15million and increase our annual income by at least £1million through savings etc. all of which can be spent on building the TEAM!
So what is more important Joe, who owns the bricks, or how much we have to build a great team?

Joe_Fox said:
1966 said:

We sold the clubs true soul to the deveopers of filbert village where once stood a proud Filbert street stadium, full of history. Many say it was an eye sore, to me it was beautiful, full of character. It was different you knew when you were at filbert street. The new stadium is very nice, but's thats it, nice. Change the seats and you have St. Mary's, the riverside, Pride park. Everything in filbert street the stands were close to the pitch i remember watching Soccer AM Alan Smith was at Filbert Street and he comented that the good thing about Filbert Street was the stands are close to the picth it gives the players feel closer to the fans giving them a lift when playing. Filbert Street had an Atmosphere helped by the stadium, the walkers stadium has very little atmosphere.

If they were on about sharing filbert street i would be completely opposed to the idea, but the new stadium, I'm not for it, but i'm not against it. Thats My Opinion!

Bren said:
Joe_Fox said:
1966 said:

I dont think its that people disagree with you about not wanting rugby at our stadium, its the way you are going about it. It is very childish and immature.

Well that's me in a (filbert) nutshell really. This whole idea is a joke so why not be childish?

I can see the big picture. Ok so it may mean the club is more finacially secure but to every pro there is a homer, sorry, a con (especially if they make you pay before hand (apparantly)) and with this there are lots of cons.

a) the pitch, it'll be awful, truly awful and no amount of empty promises for 'fibre/grass technological advances' will prevent the pitch from being a complete quagmire come christmas

b) awful looking stadium, a big technicoloured mess

c) fixture clashes, get ready for plenty of rearranged fixtures, saturday mornings will be commonplace

d) character, imagine the stadium with even less character than it has now

e) money, more money in the pockets of the fat cats behind the scenes.

I just don't like the idea, that's all.

Joe_Fox said:
Bren said:
Joe_Fox said:
1966 said:

Well that's me in a (filbert) nutshell really. This whole idea is a joke so why not be childish?

I can see the big picture. Ok so it may mean the club is more finacially secure but to every pro there is a homer, sorry, a con (especially if they make you pay before hand (apparantly)) and with this there are lots of cons.

a) the pitch, it'll be awful, truly awful and no amount of empty promises for 'fibre/grass technological advances' will prevent the pitch from being a complete quagmire come christmas

b) awful looking stadium, a big technicoloured mess

c) fixture clashes, get ready for plenty of rearranged fixtures, saturday mornings will be commonplace

d) character, imagine the stadium with even less character than it has now

e) money, more money in the pockets of the fat cats behind the scenes.

I just don't like the idea, that's all.

A - is a poor argument

B - I couldn't careless about what colour the stadium is, really i couldn't!

C - there wont be Saturday morning KO's and Tigers Afternoon, they will Saturday sunday, and since it's 50-50 they will there share of fixtures changes to.

D - the stadium has to have character to start with to have less.

E - can't argue it's true!

leicester_til_i_die said:
Joe_Fox said:

A - is a poor argument

Why is it a poor argument? I would rather watch football played on a football pitch rather than on a rugby pitch.

At first was a bit pissed off, but then sat back and rational thought came into action, im fully for the share. This club lost its identity when it left Filbo, simple as. We don't even own the ground so what position are we in to argue, i say yes to the share.

Joe_Fox said:

That's my main concern about the stadium share.

They play rugby at Reading's ground, so it will be interesting to see what their pitch is like on Saturday.
Does anyone know if they're using the same kind of pitch that is proposed for our place?

1966 said:

I think its great how you lot just show your faces when the word rugby is mentioned, yet you have no comments that actually relate to football. Its a forum, and everyone has a right to a say, no matter what there opinion might be.

If you can't take that then go forth and multiply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670