Standing for Tigers fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can post what they like on a forum like this, and don't need any lectures as to what is, or what is not, acceptable

Some threads/posts are thought provoking and worthy of serious debate. Some are ridiculous, funny and just pure entertainment. Some are just wittering nonsense. This forum has been going for many a year, and has existed successfully on that variance without your pompous interventions.

When discussing issues such as this, people have varying opinions as to whether it is good or bad. Some are based on factual information (what little there is), some are based on principle and preference, and some are borne out of pure emotion - be that anger or disappointment or frustration.

Who are you to say what is right and what is wrong ?

Frankly, if someone's opposition to this scheme is driven by a hatred of rugby, or those that watch it, then who are you to say they are wrong ?

Football is about passion and emotion. There is no intellectual or logical reason for supporting Leicester City. You do it out of insane emotion.

This particular issue has been debated on here time and again over the past few months. It is understandable that some posters are now in the position of pure hostility, rather than engaging in intellectual debate for the umpteenth time.

For the record your contribution to this debate seems to be "looks like financial sense, so I support it". This despite a complete lack of clarity over the financial ups and downs of the project. You have this opinion because you have been told that it will profit the club.

I approach the subject from a viewpoint that cash isn't everything.
You say football is all about money these days. I say it shouldn't be, and it is that approach that epitomosies everything that is wrong with modern day football

Don't come on here and tell me, or anyone else, that they have no right to express an opinion - whether it is shallow, emotive, rooted in deep thought, or just plain daft

You are not my judge, so take your disgust and shove it firmly up your arse

homer said:
People can post what they like on a forum like this, and don't need any lectures as to what is, or what is not, acceptable

Some threads/posts are thought provoking and worthy of serious debate. Some are ridiculous, funny and just pure entertainment. Some are just wittering nonsense. This forum has been going for many a year, and has existed successfully on that variance without your pompous interventions.

When discussing issues such as this, people have varying opinions as to whether it is good or bad. Some are based on factual information (what little there is), some are based on principle and preference, and some are borne out of pure emotion - be that anger or disappointment or frustration.

Frankly, if someone's opposition to this scheme is driven by a hatred of rugby, or those that watch it, then who are you to say they are wrong ?

Football is about passion and emotion. There is no intellectual or logical reason for supporting Leicester City. You do it out of insane emotion.

This particular issue has been debated on here time and again over the past few months. It is understandable that some posters are now in the position of pure hostility, rather than engaging in intellectual debate for the umpteenth time.

For the record your contribution to this debate seems to be "looks like financial sense, so I support it". This despite a complete lack of clarity over the financial ups and downs of the project. You have this opinion because you have been told that it will profit the club.

You say football is all about money these days. I say it shouldn't be, and it is that approach that epitomosies everything that is wrong with modern day football

Don't come on here and tell me, or anyone else, that they have no right to express an opinion - whether it is shallow, emotive, rooted in deep thought, or just plain daft

I'd like to add a bit to this homer if it's ok with you.

yeah y'knob.

homer said:
Why look on the positive side when you can emphasise the doom and gloom story to justify the whole deal ??

Ten years of Prem football sees us owning our stadium outright
Ten - twenty years of yo-yo football sees us owning our stadium outright

But lets pich the scare story of remaining in the shite for the next fifty years, and then the Tigers deal is like a ray of sunshine

Just appalling stuff, it really is

just a query, what happens if the Foxes Trust is actually telling the truth and the 10-20 yrs is a load of bull? Whats your argument then? And why would the FT lie? Do I sense another conspiracy theory about Mace, Davies and the FT coming on again? :roll:

I'm with you on this was home boy. I just hope that the pitch at Reading is appalling so that some of the short sighted amongst us realise it's a bad bad bad bad bad idea.

For christs sake! The pitch will not be an issue, Reading's is fine and as stated earlier on this thread (which you chose to either ignore or didn't see) Wycombes is excellent. Both support football & rugby and as long as the appropriate research is done to determine existing soil type, drainage, current wear etc, as well as the modifications that needs to be made then there won't be a concern.

Thats a fact, like it or lump it. (and if you mention Wigan again, read the post from Webbo on this thread about the rolling problem).

homer said:

*Applauds*

You are the man! Well said mate. :wink:

homer said:

Well said I may not agree nor disagree with the opinions regards the Groundshare but you shouldn't have your views disregared like that!

Well said Homer!
I am in the 'more money = better team and screw who owns the bricks or plays there when I am not there' camp, - but I respect those whose experience is driven more by emotion.
By the way, which is more important to you, that we eventually own the whole stadium, no matter how much it costs us, or that we never ever share it with any other club regardless of financial gain.

This subject is the most important we have faced since administration, as it will have such far-reaching consequences, hence the need for thoughtful and informative discussion.

Whether money should or should not be as important as it is in football today is irrelevant, the fact is it is.

For me the argument is therefore quite simple, do we want to help LCFC become more financially powerful and therefore successful or are we happy being around the level we are now.

Couple of responses

"Answer me this, are Tigers getting half the ground for half of what is owing on it, or are they getting half the ground by paying half of what it cost to build."

Neither - it's based on half the current market value of the stadium. That is more than half the outstanding debt but far less than the original build costs.

"just a query, what happens if the Foxes Trust is actually telling the truth and the 10-20 yrs is a load of bull? Whats your argument then? And why would the FT lie? Do I sense another conspiracy theory about Mace, Davies and the FT coming on again?"

The Yo-Yo experience - it really depends what kind of yo-yo.

By our calcualtions, if it was alternate years Premiership / Championship -then it would take about 20 years to pay off - but this season proves that could be an optimistic yo-yo.

However if we calculate say 1 season Premiership to 2 seasons Championship it would see the timespan leap to 40 years.

So any combination is possible, no conspiracy, no lies and anybody could be right - just hard financial facts dependant on our success or lack of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669