Star striker or waste of space

Can David Connolly be our star man next season?

• Waste of time and will not even score 10 goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Much the same with about 11-15 goals

• Improvement under CL will net him 16-20 goals

• Can't stop him in a revamped CL side 21-25 goals

• Top hitman in the CC next season 26+

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

David Connolly is our top hit man and is about to reach double figures for the season.
But what about next season? There's been quite a divided opinion on DC this season, but will his run of late convince people that he's the man that can do the job for us?

Brauny Blue said:
David Connolly is our top hit man and is about to reach double figures for the season.
But what about next season? There's been quite a divided opinion on DC this season, but will his run of late convince people that he's the man that can do the job for us?
Aint Gotta Clue!!

All of the above are definite possibilities. I can't work him out

i am liking him at the moment, i think it would be unfair to get rid of him when for the majority of the season the whole team has played below par its only with the new arrivals we have seen advancement these advancements are also evident in Connollys game also. at the moment the whole team is getting better and david is producing more of what we all expected. he needs next season to show us what he is capable of.

I'm saying he'll get about 20 goals for us next season, which really was about what I expected for him this season.

He's scoring more lately, and the majority of his goals have come under CL's management I think.. He need a good partner as well, and now De Vries has got his first, let's see if the partnership kicks off.

I wish I believed it would happen, but I just cant see Connelly being our main goal scorer. ever

step said:
I wish I believed it would happen, but I just cant see Connelly being our main goal scorer. ever

You're on fire today step, :p :wink: ;-) :smt023 I have to agree with you there. :wink:

there's no question about connolly's ability-he works hard for the team off the ball and he has good movement. The potential for him is definately there and i think if CL can work with him on certain aspects of his game then he will get the goals. When people say connolly is as bad as akinbiyi they are talking shite- connolly almost scored a fantastic chip last night, while akinbiyi wouldn't even dream of trying that. So i think that we should keep him and see how things go next season :smt109

it's a shame we didn't get relegated, he would have been terrific in div 1...

step said:
I think connelly has more chance than connolly, of being our main goal scorer

:) :grin: :grin:

drummindefender said:
there's no question about connolly's ability-he works hard for the team off the ball and he has good movement. The potential for him is definately there and i think if CL can work with him on certain aspects of his game then he will get the goals. When people say connolly is as bad as akinbiyi they are talking shite- connolly almost scored a fantastic chip last night, while akinbiyi wouldn't even dream of trying that. So i think that we should keep him and see how things go next season :smt109

Connolly is paid to score goals and that is the only criterium on which to judge him. The reasons why we are where we are are, unable to hold leads, unable to defend set pieces and an inability to convert chances to goals.

For me Connolly is the bigger disappointment because Akinbadbuy had to ply his trade in the PL and not in this division. Realistically we should never have bought either of them. :? :? :? :-( :-( :smt022 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019

Steven said:
drummindefender said:

Connolly is paid to score goals and that is the only criterium on which to judge him. The reasons why we are where we are are, unable to hold leads, unable to defend set pieces and an inability to convert chances to goals.

For me Connolly is the bigger disappointment because Akinbadbuy had to ply his trade in the PL and not in this division. Realistically we should never have bought either of them. :? :? :? :-( :-( :smt022 :smt019 :smt019 :smt019

Steven, that is a very harsh line to take. I'm not sure you are qualified to make those statements.

DurhamFox said:
I'm not sure you are qualified to make those statements.

Discharge that assumption. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

being a supporter is qualified. and i agree that conners isnt good enough in the areas we need him to be. he spends too much time on the wing and dosn'y score enough goals, and yes he has scored more recently but scoring penalties isn't hard. NOT GOOD ENOUGH

I disagree. I like driving motor cars but it doesnt qualify me to fix one when it goes wrong.

lako42 said:
being a supporter is qualified. and i agree that conners isnt good enough in the areas we need him to be. he spends too much time on the wing and dosn'y score enough goals, and yes he has scored more recently but scoring penalties isn't hard. NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Harsh. You ever taken a penalty at his level?

Don't like DeVries and Connolly together, with Dublin against Watford and West Ham he looked good. Will give De Vries another season but not impressed so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669