Star striker or waste of space

Can David Connolly be our star man next season?

• Waste of time and will not even score 10 goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Much the same with about 11-15 goals

• Improvement under CL will net him 16-20 goals

• Can't stop him in a revamped CL side 21-25 goals

• Top hitman in the CC next season 26+

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
drummindefender said:
so what if he does that often-even the best of players do that
They do, but the ratio of goals scored compared to shots fluffed is far higher

the guy is proven quality-2 years ago he had the highest goals to game ratio in the whole of england. yes this season he hasn't been at his best, but if we know the guy has got it in his locker then why not give him a chance to show us what we know he can do next season?

drummindefender said:
the guy is proven quality-2 years ago he had the highest goals to game ratio in the whole of england. yes this season he hasn't been at his best, but if we know the guy has got it in his locker then why not give him a chance to show us what we know he can do next season?
Indeed, I agree with what you say. I think he is the type of player who will thrive on quality service (owen stlye). The problem I feel, is that he is trying to play creative (rooney style). This may be forced upon him through lack of service.

During the summer, I think this is where CL will put a lot of work in. Hopefully we will see it pay off.

Melton Fox said:
drummindefender said:
Indeed, I agree with what you say. I think he is the type of player who will thrive on quality service (owen stlye). The problem I feel, is that he is trying to play creative (rooney style). This may be forced upon him through lack of service.

During the summer, I think this is where CL will put a lot of work in. Hopefully we will see it pay off.

spot on, spot on.

Still think he needs a good target man up front with him. Like Alan Smith was with Lineker many moons ago.Then the goals will go in .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669