Starting Line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, he was fine when playing at right back last season.

not doubting he was but this a lot stronger opposition and you don't want to be playing people out of position,we have done it before and it rarely worked

We got up last year because of the loanees, and we haven't got any in yet

I suspect we will have at least three coming in on loan - goalie, right back and striker - plus maybe Cleverley

At least a couple of them will be in the starting line up against the Swans

I heard from my brother in Ipswich that they are after bringing him in on loan too,which may explain the delay

Howard is 31, hardly that old for a target-man like striker.

What if he was 33? ;)

Still need 2 more strikers, a keeper, a right back and another midfielder I think (more or less in that order of priority)

Goals are the main worry. Howard and Fryatt did well last season, and hopefully with the confidence from that can do so this season as well. But they didn't do the business last time we were in the Championship (although they do have better service now). Plus, beyond Fryatt and Howard we have absolutely no viable striking options as far as I'm concerned.

Needs to be fixed. The sooner the better, as we're only 2 1/2 weeks now from the start of the season! :)

For me, we need cover at keeper and right-back at least. A couple of loanees should be enough. No cover for Dyer on the left and we need a couple of interested strikers....preferably at least one permo signing and not Leroy Bigshot Lita.

From only what I've seen of Wellens a couple of times, he's quite happy to stroke it and knock it about. Need someone with some massive lungs alongside him.

N'Guessan, Gradel or Astrit could all play there if/when we're without Dyer, with one of the other 3 or Oakley playing right mid. Or even Mattock could push up and Berner play left back.

Don't think the midfield is looking too bad, because there are players who can shift about to cover. I would like to see one more come in though just for a bit more. Cleverley played all across the midfield last season I seem to remember? Sorted ;)

What's with all the FC and AFC bollocks? Surely anyone reading that knows that the article refers to football?
The Mercury have been doing it too. Someone has taught them a littler bit about Search Engine Optimization, is my guess. If the title of the story is "City in for United star" people typing "Leicester City FC" into Google won't find it. Or that's the theory - in reality, anyone who wants LCFC news but doesn't already know where to find it is an absolute, solid gold moron.

The Mercury is not a legitimate newspaper.

Being somebody who works in sports journalism, specifically online elements, I can confirm that DF is right.

We tried to get our writers to include "keywords" and they nearly threw me out of a window. But the truth is it's either get those keywords in there or nobody is going to read it.

That being said, the Mercury is is applying SEO in the most rudimentary, obvious, and crude ways imaginable.

I know most people on here including myself think we desperatly need a striker but is anyone else slightly concerned about our midfield?
Yes we have plenty of players there but most if not all are attacking midfielders and i think we could do with a tough tackling midfielder.

I'm not particularly concerned with the midfield at present. Like you say, some of us think we need at least one striker and I agree with this sentiment. I'm not comfortable with Dickov, Chambers, N'Guessen as back up to Fryatt and Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669