Astridamajecallit
Chambers
Brown
Berner
Goalie of some kind.

Picks itself really I think.

I reckon there will be another one in to shake that choice up, personally

At least one

Starting a full Championship season with just one untested right back is suicide

For me, we need cover at keeper and right-back at least. A couple of loanees should be enough. No cover for Dyer on the left and we need a couple of interested strikers....preferably at least one permo signing and not Leroy Bigshot Lita.

From only what I've seen of Wellens a couple of times, he's quite happy to stroke it and knock it about. Need someone with some massive lungs alongside him.

Last edited:
For me, we need cover at keeper and right-back at least. A couple of loanees should be enough. No cover for Dyer on the left and we need a couple of interested strikers....preferably at least one permo signing and not Leroy Bigshot Lita.

From only see Wellens a couple of times, he's quite happy to stroke it and knock it about. Need someone with some massive lungs alongside him.

N'Guessan player left side for lincoln i beleive.

But agree with the rest.

For the first game

Weale

Morrison
Hobbs
Tuncheypants
Mattock

Oakley
King
Wellens
Dyer

Howard
Fryatt

Subs
Dickov
Gradel
Astridamajecallit
Chambers
Brown
Berner
Goalie of some kind.

Picks itself really I think.

Not sure, i would personally rather have Gradel in the side than King, i do rate King a lot, but Gradel is much more likely to give a match-winning performance.

Weale

Morrison
Brown
Tunchev
Mattock

Cleverley
Wellens
Oakley
Dyer

Fryatt
Howard

Subs:
N'Guessan
King
Gradel
Ajdarevic
Berner
Dickov
Chambers

We got up last year because of the loanees, and we haven't got any in yet

I suspect we will have at least three coming in on loan - goalie, right back and striker - plus maybe Cleverley

At least a couple of them will be in the starting line up against the Swans

Last edited:
I worry that our strike force isn't up to it even though it was so successful last season. I wonder if Howard's age will catch up with him this season and I also fear that Fryatt's lack of pace will see him come up short.

Last edited:
Howard is 31, hardly that old for a target-man like striker.

Last edited:
Surely Cleaverly would be here by now if we were taking him on loan this season.

Surely Cleaverly would be here by now if we were taking him on loan this season.

Maybe Ferguson thinks he would get a better pre season with them, and didn't want him farting about in Slovenia

I worry that our strike force isn't up to it even though it was so successful last season. I wonder if Howard's age will catch up with him this season and I also fear that Fryatt's lack of pace will see him come up short.

Also fryatt apparently had a small op at the end of last season and although he has been training hasnt played in any of the pre season games yet and is not in the squad for tonight either. So there is a chance he may not be fit for the start of the season.

Morrison at full back doesn't fill me with confidence, as he is obviously a centre half.

I'd hate to go into the season plugging gaps already, so yeah, a full back would be nice. Cleverly could play at full back for a game or two I would suspect.

As for another striker, it would certainly be welcome.

But I feel pretty sure that barring transfers out Pearson will give the players here last season first stab at the championship.

Don't be daft. :icon_wink

Don't wink at him, you meant the comment so don't soften it up.

Homer is dreadfully wrong so let him bloody well know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669