Statement Regarding Fixture Fulfilment

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox58

I took the Highways Agency advice. carry a spade, blanket, map, torch, first aid kit, emergency food and drink, a change of clothes, Wellington boots, thick socks, a hat and gloves and a tow-rope.

i didn't half get some funny looks on the bus though

Last edited:

Biffa Bacon

Why haven't they called off the Huddersfield game, it'll take me days to walk there.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Why haven't they called off the Huddersfield game, it'll take me days to walk there.

Snowing to the west of the Pennines now but I've just spoken to a City fan who was at their ground earlier today. Apparently all clear of snow thereabouts.

M17TT C

Somebody expressing a different opinion to you isn't 'trolling'

If somebody cannot understand why others faced great difficulty in getting to a match through untreated, gridlocked, snowy roads then yes, they are trolling or just being a **** as it is common sense to realise this.

I went to the game and got there OK but I'm not so much of a complete idiot to realise it was not possible for everyone to do this. If I hadn't have been able to leave work an hour early I probably would have missed the game myself. Not through 'poor planning' or 'being a wimp', but because my normal drive home from work, which in the 5 years I have worked there has never taken longer than 30 mins when there was a very serious accident and usually takes 5 minutes, actually took over an hour to travel 2.5 miles. If I left at normal time this would have taken even longer and then there was getting to the ground too.

But yes, I'm definitely the one with the ****y tone here and before you try and say it always has to be about me, it's not. I'm using my situation as an example of why others would struggle considering that I live about 5 miles from the ground and struggled like mad myself. Therefore, it's fairly obvious that anyone further afield (which the majority probably are) would have faced even greater difficulty than me, who also luckily got let out of work early.

Lako42

If somebody cannot understand why others faced great difficulty in getting to a match through untreated, gridlocked, snowy roads then yes, they are trolling or just being a **** as it is common sense to realise this.

I went to the game and got there OK but I'm not so much of a complete idiot to realise it was not possible for everyone to do this. If I hadn't have been able to leave work an hour early I probably would have missed the game myself. Not through 'poor planning' or 'being a wimp', but because my normal drive home from work, which in the 5 years I have worked there has never taken longer than 30 mins when there was a very serious accident and usually takes 5 minutes, actually took over an hour to travel 2.5 miles. If I left at normal time this would have taken even longer and then there was getting to the ground too.

But yes, I'm definitely the one with the ****y tone here and before you try and say it always has to be about me, it's not. I'm using my situation as an example of why others would struggle considering that I live about 5 miles from the ground and struggled like mad myself. Therefore, it's fairly obvious that anyone further afield (which the majority probably are) would have faced even greater difficulty than me, who also luckily got let out of work early.

Don't give it a genuine reply M17TT as it is worse trolling than what we get from cafe!

M17TT C

Don't give it a genuine reply M17TT as it is worse trolling than what we get from cafe!

:icon_lol:

I know, I shouldn't have fell for it but it is rather pathetic.

It's obvious Willlow's posts are tongue-in-cheek or to get a reaction but there's **** all else going on here atm.

Macky

Gruntled Member

Maybe you both need to find out what trolling actually is

homer

is it rude ? Do you have to be naked and covered in raspberry yoghurt ?

i bet there's a cucumber involved

cafe

Hull Troll
Must admit I am confused as to what actually defines trolling.
Back to poor turn out for Boro.Could it be that many thousands are aware that the wheels will be falling off at any moment and used the old "bad weather" card to avoid an evening of boredom.
Will you be using 1st team against HT?

Mawsley

I left at half seven in the morning, six hours before I went to bed, and had to push the bus myself across town twice before I went home to collect the ticket I had to print myself on an old Caxton press...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I think the constant whining is getting a bit tired now.

David Gwilliam

Don't give it a genuine reply Babylon as it is worse trolling than what we get from cafe!

Somebody expressing a different opinion to you isn't 'trolling'

I certainly do not regard Cafe as a troll.

My definition involves three things
(1) It must be anonymous
(2) It must be personal - as Macky says disagreeing with someones opinions is not trolling.
(3) It must be abusive.
Cafe's opinions are not mine and I am puzzled by his obsession with Pearson and Leicester but I do not recall any abusive posts from him.

I was unimpressed by Jermaine Beckford's performances for Leicester.
If I tweeted him that I thought he did not deserve to be in the team that may be bad mannered but it would not be trolling.
If I made that tweet hiding behind a false name that might show a lack of integrity but it is not trolling.
If I made unpleasant comments about his character or appearance or family while hiding behind a false name that to me is trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669