Stearman bid shocker

Status
Not open for further replies.
webmaster said:
I'm sure you can name all the players you used to watch in the thirties who were sold to balance the books.

Naaah!! Memory's a funny thing ... but I can't remember what it is now.

Perhaps you could recommend a good book!

Boc

I think the "local" thing when applied to selling players is misplaced. The absolute fact is that we are a selling Club. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
I think the "local" thing when applied to selling players is misplaced. The absolute fact is that we are a selling Club. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

In reality there are not many clubs that can afford to turn down sizable bids for players to finance teambuilding. Realistically only Man Ure, the Arse and Chelski can say they do not need to sell anyone regardless of price. Even then only Chelski can really really say that.

Lets just establish if theres any truth to this ''rumour'' first eh? If MB says there's is then lets discuss it.....

FOX MENTAL said:
I am not sure this thread is bull-shit. There was rumours about this a while ago, with Man U and Arse and he really is quality. The next John Terry even :?: :?: :?: 8) 8) :grin: :grin: :D

This is very old news.

Man Utd & Arsenal are aware of Stearman's talent. In fact they were aware before 95% of City fans had ever heard of him.

They were monitoring him way before he made his debut, we discovered this when scouting ourselves on who we should sponsor & having decided he looked the brightest prospect were informed that top clubs agreed with our judgement.

We decided against making this public knowledge until any rumours appeared.

damn man, really dont want Stearman to leave he is a great prospect. but hey if we can get 1.5 million for him and 15 alan mayburys or stephen hughes' i'll be happy at that.

Can't see Stearman playing for Man U or Arsenal but if we got £500k for him I wouldn't be bothered if he went. Defence isn't our problem. we need another decent centre mid and 2 strikers I reckon.

alex said:
webmaster said:
Fox Fan said:
Heskey Before that?

No, he wasn't sold because we needed the money. We wasted all the Heskey money on new players.

How can you say that? Akinbuyi, Rowett, Benjamin.... Quality.

And Scowcroft, Wise, Royce etc. The one that might have actually been ok had he been given a run was sold before we knew either way - Cresswell.

Richard Smith.

id say in recent seasons were a buying club not selling. most of the plyers that have left have so because of contract reasons i.e. running out or scum like dickov using clauses. stearmen will be worth more than 500k soon dont bloody kick him out the door so soon. if the big clubs want him they will pay for him. we are not going bankrupt like last time so keep the guy hes awsome. am i the onlyperson who looks at leicester as a fan and not a business these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669