Stearman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact the club have retained it's major players demonstrates the faith and believe the board have in RK and the current squad, they obviously feel that there is enough talent here to be mounting a challenge.

IMO the board will reassess the situation come the opening of the January transfer window, I imagine if we are in with a shout of the play offs then funds may be made available in an attempt to push on, however should we find ourselves languishing in the bottom half with little or no chance of making the play offs then I can see the board cashing in on 1 or 2 of the more saleable assets.

or no fecker wants them, which then tells us that we have a pretty crap squad....

I think the fact the club have retained it's major players demonstrates the faith and believe the board have in RK and the current squad, they obviously feel that there is enough talent here to be mounting a challenge.

IMO the board will reassess the situation come the opening of the January transfer window, I imagine if we are in with a shout of the play offs then funds may be made available in an attempt to push on, however should we find ourselves languishing in the bottom half with little or no chance of making the play offs then I can see the board cashing in on 1 or 2 of the more saleable assets.

The borad will be more interested in the size of the crowds.

If the attendances do not increase then this will put pressure on the budget.

The borad will be more interested in the size of the crowds.

If the attendances do not increase then this will put pressure on the budget.

what attendance figure is the break even point?

We'll get a better idea when we see last year's accounts. I would estimate 20,000 (with the club having probably budgetted for 21,000). I reckon, on average, each additional 1000 (over the whole season) will give the club something under £400,000.

Last year, the final Connolly million offset attendances down by a couple of thousand.

I think we are budgetting for around the 21/22,000 mark.

The club mentioned a few months ago that 1000 season tickets equated to £250,000 revenue across the season, which if attendences are down gives us a rough idea of how much we will need to generate if gates are down. Conversely this also gives us a rough idea of how much we will have to spend if things are going well and gates are up.

According to The League Paper, including add-ons, Sunderland offered in the region of £2 million for Stearman.

Imo, we'll get more in a years time.
That 2mill would have been more important now than 3mill in a years time. (unless we have an investor waiting in the wings and money isn't important)

On the evidence of what he has displayed so far this season, his value will drop

Last edited:
I am still amazed we were offered that much for him TBH...

I know he's had a not very good start to the season, but it's all about one word - potential. Remember, Tony Laughlan, who Keane has taken to Sunderland would have spent a lot of time assessing Stearman, and no doubt it is on his say-so that a bid was submitted.

Stearman is very highly regarded by a lot of people in the game, so I'm not too surprised at the offer, despite his recent form. But I'm more than a little surprised we didn't take it! Maybe there is a big investor waiting in the wings.... come on Milan, me old mucker :icon_bigg

Stearman is very highly regarded by a lot of people in the game, so I'm not too surprised at the offer, despite his recent form. But I'm more than a little surprised we didn't take it! Maybe there is a big investor waiting in the wings.... come on Milan, me old mucker :icon_bigg

I think what the club are implying is that everyone has a price, but the deal that was offered they feel may be bettered in future. It also gives a signal to other clubs that, whilst we are not awash with money, we will not accept any offer that comes along. This put us in a stronger bargaining position when a player has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00