Stearman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would take longer than a few hours for a young lad like Stearman to agree to move such a long way away as Sunderland. Especially when all his mates and family proberly live in Leicestershire.

Also, the details have to be with the relevant football authorities - I can't imagine them sitting round their fax machines at 23.55 tonight. I'd have thought the cut-off for practical purposes is 18.00 ish.

The relevant guy who sorts all transfers said on SSN, they normally a get a ring saying its gonna be a late one off an agent and that the office is open till midnight. It has been known for deals to come through to them with 10-5 mins remaining.

Also, the details have to be with the relevant football authorities - I can't imagine them sitting round their fax machines at 23.55 tonight. I'd have thought the cut-off for practical purposes is 18.00 ish.

Apparently as long as the details are faxed to them before midnight they will register the transfer tomorrow morning.

Wigan have already signed Boyce (a right back) from Crystal Palace i dont think they will be coming in with a bid for Dicky

Last edited:
Nobody will. Sunderland were slinging bids around like they were going out if fashion this morning. They got knocked back and moved on.

The relevant guy who sorts all transfers said on SSN, they normally a get a ring saying its gonna be a late one off an agent and that the office is open till midnight. It has been known for deals to come through to them with 10-5 mins remaining.

I stand corrected. Can't imagine many going through - most players would be in the pub by now.

It would be sad to see him go, but he's not irreplacable. Fans always like to see local boys though, but remeber what happened with Matt Piper a few seasons a go. Everyone wanted him to stay at the time, but what a great bit of business it turned out to be he's been injured ever since!

It would be sad to see him go, but he's not irreplacable. Fans always like to see local boys though, but remeber what happened with Matt Piper a few seasons a go. Everyone wanted him to stay at the time, but what a great bit of business it turned out to be he's been injured ever since!

Piper just had one of those injurys which sadly forced him out of the game. At the time, City didnt know what was to happen and Piper was forced of the club, he didnt want move to Sunderland for his family.

Reading this thread reminded me of the old intros to Soap.

"If you're not confused now, you will be after this weeks episode"

He will be gone in less than an hour now.....

Well Sunderland have tied up 6 deals

"New Sunderland boss Roy Keane has hit the ground running at the Stadium of Light. He's splashed out nearly two million quid and signed six players. Half a million went on Wigan's Graham Kavanagh (2017), with £200,000 on bringing in Dwight Yorke (1708) from Sydney FC.

Celtic duo Stanislav Varga and Ross Wallace (2105)have moved in a combined deal which could eventually be worth £1.1m. And Keane also snapped up Liam Miller (2247) on a free transfer from Manchester United and David Connolly (2305) from Wigan."

I think the fact the club have retained it's major players demonstrates the faith and believe the board have in RK and the current squad, they obviously feel that there is enough talent here to be mounting a challenge.

IMO the board will reassess the situation come the opening of the January transfer window, I imagine if we are in with a shout of the play offs then funds may be made available in an attempt to push on, however should we find ourselves languishing in the bottom half with little or no chance of making the play offs then I can see the board cashing in on 1 or 2 of the more saleable assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00