Steve Cooper - LCFC manager

I hadn’t read the full article and missed this bit

What does his backroom staff look like?

This became a stumbling block when it came to recruiting Potter.

To bring in the former Brighton and Chelsea manager, he wanted his old coaching staff back of Billy Reid (assistant), Bjorn Hamberg (assistant coach), Bruno Saltor (assistant coach), Ben Roberts (goalkeeping coach) and Kyle Macaulay (recruitment). They went with him to Chelsea in September 2022 and most remain there. Chelsea would want compensation for those members of staff and it would have been a lengthier process to negotiate them being released from their contracts.
Again, weren’t Chelsea negotiating with us very recently?

Is Cooperman bringing his backroom staff with him? Or does he actually have any? And we need someone to take Petty's place too So a number of coaching roles available
Andy King perhaps unless Bristol are offering him a role 😉

As may my learned colleague stated he was a coach not a manager and did well in spite of the number of players dumped on him.

Exceptionally well liked by the fans and he got the City Ground rocking.

His only fault is that he is a bit too defensive but given the free hand to bring his own players who knows?

This perfectly explains the reasons why I think he’s a great appointment.

He’s not stubborn with a certain philosophy like Maresca and Potter, he is willing to be pragmatic and adapt the style accordingly. He played a completely different way at Swansea and Forest, whereas Enzo’s Chelsea will play the same as we did last season. Playing that same way would have been carnage for us next season.

Maresca's style was boring as hell. Bring on Cooper's barmy army!

Yep, those games against Southampton were alternatives to melatonin. That goal at Watford.. bored me to tears.
You are right... Really good moments. However the style was shit and we'd have been embarrassed in the premier league with the same approach.

Interview on the LCFC app now - pretty standard stuff, not helped by the boring bland questions

But, by Jebus, he is one odd looking ****

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00