Steve Cooper - LCFC manager

One tactic I’d like to see this season is not everyone coming back to defend a frigging corner.

Stoke home, in that brilliant season.
Stoke corner, as their players came forward, JV, Okazaki and Mahrez all walked up to the halfway line.

You could see their players look across to the manager ‘WTF do we do????'

Fantastic stuff

One tactic I’d like to see this season is not everyone coming back to defend a frigging corner.

Stoke corner, as their players came forward, JV, Okazaki and Mahrez all walked up to the halfway line.

Fantastic stuff
The problem is, most teams play short corners and will simply look to overload you. Stoke were the classic, pump it into the box and try to win a header. There approach was flawed as they couldn't guarantee keeping possession and they would therefore be vulnerable to the counter attack.

One of many problems with soccer these days is that everyone is a footballing genius when on actual fact they are not.

One of many problems with soccer these days is that everyone is a footballing genius when on actual fact they are not.

Yes, it's almost like you've logged onto a football forum built specifically to discuss Leicester City and how they play. 😬

Fantastic stuff
True, but that was back in the day when we could rely on Kasper and defenders of a long-past age like Morgan, Huth, Fuchs and Simpson to clear the ball well away from goal.

Or go back to the days of Taggart when ball and defender were swept into touch.
Probably a red card in today’s snowflake culture.

I liked what he said last night.

He took responsibility for poor performances in preseason.

He took responsibility for the first half performance.

He never threw his players under the bus.

He spoke very realistically about where we are and what he wants to do.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34