Steve Cooper - LCFC manager

If it isn’t obvious I’ve already got the hump with this bloke.

Vestergaard on the naughty step.

Ricardo not played a single premier league minute.

Academy players slowly being squeezed out in favor of premier league retreads.

Style of play laboured at best and inexplicable at worst.

Defensively frail while setting up to put pressure on the defence.

Whinged about refs last two matches.

It’s still early days but I’m struggling to see what he’s bringing to the club. I suspect, too, that he might be losing some players already.

Hope I’m wrong and he finds a way to get us on track, but it’s been a very discouraging start in my opinion.

Last I’ll say on it until I’m proven wrong - I don’t think he’s going to be here for very long.

Care to share your opinion on his performances and addressing any of my concerns?
Sure

Vestergaard on the naughty step.
Really couldn't care less. He's dogshit at Premier League level and starting to become clear he's the one who went to the press whinging because he was dropped. He has had previous for this as well. He's a ****. Okoli has done pretty well I think since he's come in.

Ricardo not played a single premier league minute.
I only watched the last 10 minutes tonight so not the best sample, but from that 10 minutes he looked awful. I think Justin has been pretty good. I don't believe we would have picked up any more points than we currently have if he was in the team. Saying that, I suspect he might start Ricardo on Saturday.

Academy players slowly being squeezed out in favor of premier league retreads.
Would you rather Choudhury or McAteer played? Really? Choudhury is dog shit, and McAteer hardly set the Championship alight.

Style of play laboured at best and inexplicable at worst.
I get the concerns, but for me it's still early days, especially considering several of the new signings came in very late. I like a lot of what I've seen and I've enjoyed going to the KP again this season. I get the criticism tonight and after the Everton match, and both matches have disappointed me as well, but I find the criticism before that completely baffling to be honest.

Defensively frail while setting up to put pressure on the defence.
See above.

Whinged about refs last two matches.
I don't recall any whinging from the Everton match but maybe I just didn't read it. But in any case, why does this bother you? I personally like that he's saying it how it is, and I agree with what he said after the Palace match. Previous managers have been criticised on here for not being enough like that.

I'm still confident it'll turn out well, maybe it's blind optimism. Forget the Arsenal match, we need to win 2 out of the following 3 matches and I think we will.

I am really disappointed by what has happened so far.

To be clear, I have no feelings toward Cooper either negatively or positively suffice, as any manager of LCFC, I wish him success.

Having said that I thought that in the first four games or so we had shown a little progress and although we haven’t played well for a a full 45 minutes in any game, we were (it appeared) moving in the right direction.

I am now very concerned with seeing the same mistakes week after week without learning. Cooper has had half a dozen games in front of a full pre season and an international break to get his style and philosophy indoctrinated.

Others have muted their disappointment at his negative tactics and team selections long before me and they are entitled to do so.

Everton at home was a great opportunity to go on the front foot and put down a marker, what we actually did was almost abject surrender. Our substitutions were also baffling.

I am not sure he is the man for us right now and he needs to sort out his shit quickly as being negative against one of the worst teams in the league at home and only scraping a draw is unacceptable.

I want him to succeed but am very concerned he is the wrong choice and our owners will stick with him tooo long and see us in really deep trouble.

Relegation this season would be a financial and footballing disaster.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57