Steve Lovell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, fits CL's mould if that's the case. All the reports I have read have been positive about him, he must be ready to go somewhere pretty soon.

Is the timing a good indication of just how much we are operating 'hand to mouth' ? What with Heath only going to Cov this morning.

drummindefender said:
my only worry with signing all these players from the spl is the lack of experience they all have at this level:102:

Lovell played at this level for quite a few years. Only hughes, Deep Freeze and Rab haven't played in England. (I think)

DurhamFox said:
Is the timing a good indication of just how much we are operating 'hand to mouth' ? What with Heath only going to Cov this morning.

This is what i posted over a week ago........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30-06-2005, 06:37 PM #701
The Voice From Above

Posts: 287 Re: homer's 'he could do a job' summer targets thread....

Ok heres the plan apparently.

We are looking for a minimum £100k from Hull who have already spoken with Heath as well as a couple of other defenders.

If we get the £100k for Heath then we will pay the £150k Dundee are asking will for Steve Lovell.....

Also...

The impending move of Laursen back to OB Odense HAS come as a surprise to Leicester after terms had been agreed....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...i'll just get my cigar....

Last edited:
The Voice From Above said:

The Voice From Above

We are looking for a minimum £100k from Hull who have already spoken with Heath as well as a couple of other defenders.

If we get the £100k for Heath then we will pay the £150k Dundee are asking will for Steve Lovell.....

Also...

The impending move of Laursen back to OB Odense HAS come as a surprise to Leicester after terms had been agreed....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooooo smarty pants... who we getting next then??

The Voice From Above said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Voice From Above

Also...

Nobody ever doubted you TVA.

I don't really know anything about the guy, but 15 goals in 36 games for a team that finished bottom doesn't seem too bad. I'm trusting Levein's judgement. Nice to see him at least making progress on another striker. Hopefully we can agree terms :)

Just trying to find a career scoring record for him..

pipes said:
Last Summer they announced we'd signed McAteer before it was a done deal and it feel through at the last minute.

Thanks ace.... I remember that now!

SteveLovell.jpg

.....Is this the right one? seem a bit old at 45.....:)

Profile from Dundee's OS:

Full Name: Steve Lovell
Position: Forward
Squad Number: 9
Nationality: English

Jim Duffy went back to his former club, Portsmouth, to sign the young striker who has considerable pace and physical presence. Two footed and strong Steve relished getting regular first team football in Scotland. He was signed by Portsmouth for £250,000 from Bournemouth and spent spells on loan at Exeter, Sheffield United, and just before joining Dundee, QPR. He'd actually just started a three month loan at Loftus Road when Jim Duffy stepped in to bring him to Dens. He ended season 2002-2003 as top scorer and scored Dundee's first UEFA Cup goal in 29 years when he pounced to strike in Albania as 2003-2004 started.

That season though was injury blighted for the forward, although those who were there will take a long time to forget a memorable derby winner from the bustling Englishman. Steve is the club‘s top scorer so far this season and scored his first ever senior hat-trick in a league cup win over Forfar at Dens in August.

Born: 06.12.80
Birthplace: Amersham
Joined Dundee: 23.08.02
Height: 6’ 0”
Weight: 12st 11lb

This is a Dundee fans view of Lovell!!!!!...

"He's astonishingly fast, which sometimes causes defenders to panic. They think they've loads of time on the ball, then suddenly he's harrassing them. Gets a few penalties that way, nicking the ball off a defenders who then swipes him down. Decent control, and not a bad finisher IMO.

The classic Lovell goal was last December against Celtic. He chased a nothing ball which was going through for the keeper and a defender to clear up. He arrived so fast he took them by surprise, won the ball, then lobbed the covering defender from a very narrow angle to give us a point in a 2-2 draw. He scored the other goal too."

Babylon said:
This is a Dundee fans view of Lovell!!!!!...

"He's astonishingly fast, which sometimes causes defenders to panic. They think they've loads of time on the ball, then suddenly he's harrassing them. Gets a few penalties that way, nicking the ball off a defenders who then swipes him down. Decent control, and not a bad finisher IMO.

The classic Lovell goal was last December against Celtic. He chased a nothing ball which was going through for the keeper and a defender to clear up. He arrived so fast he took them by surprise, won the ball, then lobbed the covering defender from a very narrow angle to give us a point in a 2-2 draw. He scored the other goal too."

Pity the keeper was Rab really, wonder if the defender was Laursen
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673