steve ( useless) howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcfcsimpson

can somebody please tell me why howard is playing ..he refuses to run(or cant) he dont head which is the only reason we bought him..?? :bang:

Re: steve ( useless)howard

Maybe he prefers the ball played from the flanks to get on to , rather than having to be the target man from the hoof ball.

Hes frustrated thats all, hes proved he can score goals at this level.

The goals hes scored have been on the deck.

I ****ing hate him, he has done **** all to suggest that he has any ability whatsoever, just wanders around a bit and jumps for a header once or twice a game.

****ing useless ****

He scored 19 goals last season. You dont turn in to a bad player over night. I can count on one hand the number of good goal scoring oppotunities that have been created for him.

But we can all just call him $hit if you prefer.

I ****ing hate him, he has done **** all to suggest that he has any ability whatsoever, just wanders around a bit and jumps for a header once or twice a game.

****ing useless ****

this thread is supposed to be about Howard not Hume......:018:

He scored 19 goals last season. You dont turn in to a bad player over night. I can count on one hand the number of good goal scoring oppotunities that have been created for him.

But we can all just call him $hit if you prefer.

You do if you're unfortunate enough to sign for Leicester.

it seems as though he is guaranteed a place.. hollaway always starts him,, and never does he bring him off .. no matter what his past scoring record is like he shudnt be playing at the min.....next time you watch city, watch howard when he runs, it looks so much trouble for him ,, and theres DJ running round causing havoc and he gets subbed... :102:

Last edited:
it seems as though he is guaranteed a place.. hollaway always starts him,, and never does he bring him off .. no matter what his past scoring record is like he shudnt be playing at the min.....next time you watch city, watch howard when he runs, it looks so much trouble for him ,, and theres DJ running round causing havoc and he gets subbed... :102:

I should hope not. Well, not in public anyway.

Pervert - for even thinking about it!!

He was taken off against Preston??

Howard is the only genuine target man in our squad. If you want to play with a target man (which it appears Holloway does) then Howard plays, simple as that.

Just in case you've forgotten the past few years, we've tried playing two short-arses up front on many, many occasions, and it's been pretty much a waste of time, by and large.

I think you have to play with a target man of some sort at any level. You look at most squads even arsenal and chelsea they have target men. Ok they are in a different class to howard but at this level he is proven to do the business.

Players of that mould don't go running all over the place its not their game, in fact he is prob told to stand up top and keep his position. Brian Deane never used run all over the place neither did ian marshall. Satuday was the first time we pur good crosses in the box for about 35 games.

We are a struggling side(not poor as a believe we have good players) i believe the biggest problem with howard and others is confidence, you have to remember the season the club was having that he left to come to use. It couldn't have helped his confidence.

Last edited:
It might have been nicer to call the thread "Steve Howard" and allow a sensible discussion to take place on people's differing opinion of the player.

I think you have to play with a target man of some sort at any level. You look at most squads even arsenal and chelsea they have target men. Ok they are in a different class to howard but at this level he is proven to do the business.

Just as a matter of interest, who would you say is Arsenals target man?

Emmanuel Adebayor or Bentnar.

I thought you would mention Adebayor.

So this Adebayor is the player who has blistering pace and is as likely to come in with the ball himself from the wings or even from midfield as well as being a 'target' in and around the box for balls in from others. Or has he got a more cumbersome namesake?

It's probably just me, but I am struggling to equate Howards role with that provided by Adebayor.

Just as a matter of interest, who would you say is Arsenals target man?

Arsenal have enough players who are proficient in the use of the goal as their target. Whether or not they have a target man is therefore of relatively less importance.

Arsenal have enough players who are proficient in the use of the goal as their target. Whether or not they have a target man is therefore of relatively less importance.

Perhaps we could try playing without a leaden lump, sorry, traditional target man as well then.

Ah, I see the little flaw in that plan :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670