steve ( useless) howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redditch Fox

Howard has looked very poor, and you have to blame Hollaway.

He rates him as the best stricker in the div, I assume with coming out with that statement he knows all his strenghs and weaknesses and knew what he was buying.

(MON watched/ had elliot watched that many times 'he knew what he had for breakfast each day')

He got 19 goals for derby somehow and its clearly not by how we are playing.

Suggest ollie buys a job lot of derby dvds

We had the same problem with pleat when he bought jimmy quinn

I would imagine Holloway bought him on the basis of previous performance in the division and Derby sent out the word that he could be available.

It's unlikely that he was watched much on those occasions he played in the premiership and the conclusion would have been that he could hack it in a lower league.

I have to say that it looked a sensible signing and you would have thought that there was a good chance that he would knock in a few to help get us clear of relegation.

We shall soon see if Holloway's and the Mercury's claims that we are playing great football and just not getting any luck have any foundation. Let's hope that they are least nearly right. It's very difficult to suggest who should be playing up front for us at this stage but the big (for us) money has gone on Howard and DJ so maybe they have to take responsibility with Hume fitting in somewhere.

Rasta Maniloe

Howards a decent player and he hasnt been that bad. Hes got a few goals and with more service more will come....you just need wingers who can 'bounce them off his head' and then he hasnt got to do anything but look at the goal!!!

Profondo Rosso

This is another case of Akinbyi disease, Holloway spent a lot of money on Howard so he has to keep playing him, if he hadnt shelled out £1.5mil for him hed'd have goen the way of Carl Cort by now

We've got all the strikers and tried them all out, but still none come close to the partnership of Fryatt and Hume

Profondo Rosso

I agree DJ is probably slightly better than Fryatt, but i mean as a partnership Fryatt and Hume is the best weve got, DJ and Hume have never really worked together IMO

Last edited:

dpjfox

Fryatt and DJ are our "natural" proven goalscorers, give them chances and they will score

Boy Genius

Banned
This is another case of Akinbyi disease, Holloway spent a lot of money on Howard so he has to keep playing him, if he hadnt shelled out £1.5mil for him hed'd have goen the way of Carl Cort by now

We've got all the strikers and tried them all out, but still none come close to the partnership of Fryatt and Hume

yopu didn't go on Saturday against Briostol City then......:icon_roll

brotherhood

I am sorry but those who call Howard have obviously never played football at any kind of level. He thrives on the ball being served to him and brings others into the game.He didn`t play well on Saturday against a very tall defender on a bumpy pitch but up to then has done a strong holding job up front. He will score more goals with better crosses.

fludie

Peanut Thief
I am sorry but those who call Howard have obviously never played football at any kind of level. He thrives on the ball being served to him and brings others into the game.He didn`t play well on Saturday against a very tall defender on a bumpy pitch but up to then has done a strong holding job up front. He will score more goals with better crosses.

Welcome to TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670