Steve Walsh speaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevewalshwasgod

My hero speaks! from the mockery...:038:

Walsh: City will survive - we did
By Andy Mann
The sign above the players' tunnel at the Walkers Stadium proclaims: 'Foxes Never Quit'. It sums up the belligerent spirit at the heart of Leicester City that has seen the club through thick and thin.
That resilience was epitomised by City legend Steve Walsh during a 14-year career with the club.
walsh161004.gif

And now the former club captain believes the 'Foxes Never Quit' attitude can pull City through their relegation battle.
"We are in a very difficult situation," admitted Walsh. "There's no hiding from that fact.
"The whole club is under pressure at the moment, being two points away from the relegation places and with some tough games coming up.
"The players have got to fight as much and as hard as they can.
"They have to go into the final games in the right frame of mind - and not give up.
"I have been there and if they fight and give it all they've got they can pull it out of the bag."
Walsh was speaking from his own experience. Aged 26, he was a member of the City side that "pulled it out of the bag" in 1991.
Going into the final game of the season against Oxford, City were staring relegation in the face.
They occupied one of the two relegation places and defeat would have meant Division Three football for the first time in the club's history.
But a now-legendary goal from Tony James, and West Brom's draw with Bristol Rovers, secured safety as City orchestrated their own 'Great Escape'.
And that experience, in front of more than 19,000 fans at Filbert Street, is still etched on Walsh's mind.
"I have been in the situation myself," he said. "It's very tense and very nerve-racking. The players have to handle the pressure, and they know what they have to do.
"I can remember the game against Oxford vividly. We played so well that day and battered them.
"It went to the end of the season and we were close to the third division. We should never have been in that position.
"I hope for the sake of the football club that the current side can get out of trouble. They are certainly capable of doing it."
Unlike the 1991 vintage, this City side still have three games to save the season.
That search for safety starts at play-off chasing Preston tomorrow, Walsh's home town club.
It was on the terraces of North End's Deepdale ground that Walsh began to watch football as a boy.
But there will be no divided loyalties come 3pm tomorrow for the player who made 449 City appearances.
"I was born in Preston and followed them as a lad - my dad used to take me every week," said Walsh. "But my loyalties are firmly with Leicester.
"Preston have had a very good season. They started to slip up at the wrong time but seem to have rediscovered their form.
"To go to Preston and get something would be a result because it will be difficult, but we have the ability."
City will be roared on by around 1,300 fans at Deepdale tomorrow, with 400 of them enjoying free coach travel at the expense of chairman Milan Mandaric.
Mandaric described it as a "modest recognition" of the support City received against Birmingham on Tuesday.
Walsh, who had issued a rallying cry to the Blue Army along with fellow City hero Gerry Taggart before kick off, said the atmosphere harked back to the old Filbert Street.
And he believes City's supporters can still have a huge bearing on the season.
"The supporters have a huge part to play," said Walsh.
"That's why Alan Birchenall asked myself and Tags (Gerry Taggart) to do that before the game. There were so many times that they won games for us and pulled us through at the old Filbert Street by getting right behind us.
"You can frighten teams by doing that and I think we gave Birmingham a real fright. Preston is a big game and I hope we can get something out of it."

p.s can anyone make this photo smaller so I can use it as my avatar?

cheers

On the subject of Avatars, i looked in the FAQ's for how to set one up, but it doesn't give instructions.

Can anyone please help!

PS...Steve Walsh was GOD!

My hero speaks! from the mockery...:038:

Walsh: City will survive - we did
By Andy Mann
The sign above the players' tunnel at the Walkers Stadium proclaims: 'Foxes Never Quit'. It sums up the belligerent spirit at the heart of Leicester City that has seen the club through thick and thin.
That resilience was epitomised by City legend Steve Walsh during a 14-year career with the club.
walsh161004.gif

And now the former club captain believes the 'Foxes Never Quit' attitude can pull City through their relegation battle.
"We are in a very difficult situation," admitted Walsh. "There's no hiding from that fact.
"The whole club is under pressure at the moment, being two points away from the relegation places and with some tough games coming up.
"The players have got to fight as much and as hard as they can.
"They have to go into the final games in the right frame of mind - and not give up.
"I have been there and if they fight and give it all they've got they can pull it out of the bag."
Walsh was speaking from his own experience. Aged 26, he was a member of the City side that "pulled it out of the bag" in 1991.
Going into the final game of the season against Oxford, City were staring relegation in the face.
They occupied one of the two relegation places and defeat would have meant Division Three football for the first time in the club's history.
But a now-legendary goal from Tony James, and West Brom's draw with Bristol Rovers, secured safety as City orchestrated their own 'Great Escape'.
And that experience, in front of more than 19,000 fans at Filbert Street, is still etched on Walsh's mind.
"I have been in the situation myself," he said. "It's very tense and very nerve-racking. The players have to handle the pressure, and they know what they have to do.
"I can remember the game against Oxford vividly. We played so well that day and battered them.
"It went to the end of the season and we were close to the third division. We should never have been in that position.
"I hope for the sake of the football club that the current side can get out of trouble. They are certainly capable of doing it."
Unlike the 1991 vintage, this City side still have three games to save the season.
That search for safety starts at play-off chasing Preston tomorrow, Walsh's home town club.
It was on the terraces of North End's Deepdale ground that Walsh began to watch football as a boy.
But there will be no divided loyalties come 3pm tomorrow for the player who made 449 City appearances.
"I was born in Preston and followed them as a lad - my dad used to take me every week," said Walsh. "But my loyalties are firmly with Leicester.
"Preston have had a very good season. They started to slip up at the wrong time but seem to have rediscovered their form.
"To go to Preston and get something would be a result because it will be difficult, but we have the ability."
City will be roared on by around 1,300 fans at Deepdale tomorrow, with 400 of them enjoying free coach travel at the expense of chairman Milan Mandaric.
Mandaric described it as a "modest recognition" of the support City received against Birmingham on Tuesday.
Walsh, who had issued a rallying cry to the Blue Army along with fellow City hero Gerry Taggart before kick off, said the atmosphere harked back to the old Filbert Street.
And he believes City's supporters can still have a huge bearing on the season.
"The supporters have a huge part to play," said Walsh.
"That's why Alan Birchenall asked myself and Tags (Gerry Taggart) to do that before the game. There were so many times that they won games for us and pulled us through at the old Filbert Street by getting right behind us.
"You can frighten teams by doing that and I think we gave Birmingham a real fright. Preston is a big game and I hope we can get something out of it."

i just hope the players have read this and now understand what it means to be a city footballer

Last edited:
On the subject of Avatars, i looked in the FAQ's for how to set one up, but it doesn't give instructions.

Can anyone please help!

PS...Steve Walsh was GOD!

go to user cp at the top left of the screen and click on avatar its pretty easy from there.

ok i hope he told them tuesday night :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Well it's nearly time for Elvis to have his afternoon nap (when he's finished watching TV), and tonight he's booked in for a Playstation marathon - so I doubt he has the time to read this article today to be honest

Walshy has said nothing we don't already know. Feel free to worship him for it, I just think he's regurgitating the same shit that has been written on various forums over the last few months.

Saddos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670