Stick or twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornishfox

We are doing exceptionally well at the minute. If we maintain this form, and are lucky enough to go into January, in 3rd 4th or 5th place. Where would you like to see us invest. Or are you happy with what we have? I would personally, like to see another striker come in. ( someone with a bit more physicality than vardy). With what we have vardy doesn't seem to get a rest. As we can't afford to be without him.

Forward that is better than Ian and a CB for cover.

Before Friday night I'd definitely have said we need a wide player who can get goals, but Barnes, Chilwell and Perez were all outstanding in that game after Rodgers had come out publically saying he wants more out of his wingers.

If they can keep that up, then really our main worry is if Vardy gets crocked or suspended. Can we find a young player with great quality who is willing to be understudy to Vardy? It's a bit of a predicament. What does seem set in stone is that we may have seen the last of Iheanacho. Despite Rodgers previously saying he was still in his plans, we still haven't seen hide nor hair of him.

Cnter back will be another we need to add to in the summer as Wes seems destined to be on the move in the summer...

Before Friday night I'd definitely have said we need a wide player who can get goals, but Barnes, Chilwell and Perez were all outstanding in that game after Rodgers had come out publically saying he wants more out of his wingers.

If they can keep that up, then really our main worry is if Vardy gets crocked or suspended. Can we find a young player with great quality who is willing to be understudy to Vardy? It's a bit of a predicament. What does seem set in stone is that we may have seen the last of Iheanacho. Despite Rodgers previously saying he was still in his plans, we still haven't seen hide nor hair of him.

Cnter back will be another we need to add to in the summer as Wes seems destined to be on the move in the summer...
Before he went to Saints, many were calling for that Adams lad.
Supporters, what do they know, eh?

Before he went to Saints, many were calling for that Adams lad.

About one person on here, I reckon - in fact, I don’t really remember anyone championing his signing at all

Why do people keep saying we need another striker? Since signing Vardy, we've attempted to 'bolster' our attacking options with every type of striker imaginable:

Wood, Phillips, Ulloa, Kramaric, Okazaki, Musa, Slimani, Iheanacho, Perez

The only ones that have worked out in any way are those that can play with, and complement, Vardy. Not one of them has happily acted as his 'deputy'. There are some very capable forwards in that list, but they've mostly been wasted here.

The last few seasons have shown that Vardy misses very few matches. Having someone in reserve has been a very expensive waste of money. When Vardy's stats start to decline, then we sign a striker. Until then, it's pointless.

Why do people keep saying we need another striker?

We need another striker because nacho is hopeless. I don't think anybody has said anything about replacing vardy. Just adding a decent alternative in the squad. If I remember correctly. Ulloa was a very competent player to bring on. or even partner vardy at times.

Buy a shit hot winger and stick Perez up front if Vardy is unavailable.

It’s all well and good saying have this type of player for this situation or that type of player for that situation but it doesn’t work like that. No one good enough to fill Vardy’s boots (and good luck finding one) will happily sit on the bench waiting for their turn. You either look for someone who can do other roles in the team, which we have in Pérez or buy a young kid. We’ve ruined Iheanacho so they’d have to be an exceptional character to sit by and wait for at least a year and half playing only cup games and the odd league match.

Frankly I think it’s an insult to Vardy to suggest that we need an alternative, replacement or backup at this stage. He scores all types of goals against all types of opposition and never gets injured and is rarely suspended despite his reputation.

A good attacking, goal-scoring winger like the type we were looking for in the summer - a Ziyech, Thauvin etc type player (essentially a true Mahrez replacement)

That's all that's missing.

Great to see our wingers adding goals and assists on Friday of course, but one fantastic swallow doesn't make a summer (although it helps!) and I think we still need a better attacking, goal scoring option in that area. And as had been mentioned, also would allow Perez to cover Vardy up top if needed.

A good attacking, goal-scoring winger like the type we were looking for in the summer - a Ziyech, Thauvin etc type player (essentially a true Mahrez replacement)

That's all that's missing.

Great to see our wingers adding goals and assists on Friday of course, but one fantastic swallow doesn't make a summer (although it helps!) and I think we still need a better attacking, goal scoring option in that area. And as had been mentioned, also would allow Perez to cover Vardy up top if needed.
BR only threw the gauntlet down a few hours before the game, he’s shown he means business and the lads responded.
(let’s see how we do against our current bogey team)
Personally, I’m impressed by the response
Best link up play so far between Ben and Harvey
Ayoze’s goal were all brilliant.
Weirdly, in recent games we had become quite dependent on Ricardo, yet against Saints he was quiet.
At last, we have a goal threat throughout the team. It is a work in progress but they all know that BR wants more.
In the New Year, all teams around us have European games, we don’t.
The future is very bright :)

Those Perez goals at the weekend make me think he could play in Vardy's role if needed.

Some lovely close in finishing

It’s all well and good saying have this type of player for this situation or that type of player for that situation but it doesn’t work like that. No one good enough to fill Vardy’s boots (and good luck finding one) will happily sit on the bench waiting for their turn. You either look for someone who can do other roles in the team, which we have in Pérez or buy a young kid. We’ve ruined Iheanacho so they’d have to be an exceptional character to sit by and wait for at least a year and half playing only cup games and the odd league match.

Frankly I think it’s an insult to Vardy to suggest that we need an alternative, replacement or backup at this stage. He scores all types of goals against all types of opposition and never gets injured and is rarely suspended despite his reputation.
"We’ve ruined Iheanacho"???? I would say Man City pissed themselves laughing when they sold him to us, he is and never will be good enough at this level. The headache for Rodgers is what do we do if Vardy gets injured for a month? that could derail our chances of pushing for the title and finishing in the top four.

Perez could be the answer we could have some talent sat in the youth team or reserve side, the fact remains we need to strengthen if the right player is available. The January transfer is notoriously difficult to navigate and is often used by sides that are struggling we may very well end up with no additions.

"We’ve ruined Iheanacho"???? I would say Man City pissed themselves laughing when they sold him to us, he is and never will be good enough at this level. The headache for Rodgers is what do we do if Vardy gets injured for a month? that could derail our chances of pushing for the title and finishing in the top four.

Perez could be the answer we could have some talent sat in the youth team or reserve side, the fact remains we need to strengthen if the right player is available. The January transfer is notoriously difficult to navigate and is often used by sides that are struggling we may very well end up with no additions.

Iheanacho looked like a naturally gifted finisher at Man City

He looks like he's never seen a set of goals here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566