Still want Pearson out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Are

I don't like the man and never will but he's doing a decent job at the moment and that's all we can ask. I also dislike MON and have for years.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

there any of you on here who still want Pearson out?

Not at the moment but he does need to get some better man management and media skills if we do get into the Promised Land. :icon_wink

Until he changes his stupid hairstyle, he has no place at my club

get him out

I've always liked him but I didn't believe he was capable of getting us promoted. It's fair to say he's winning me round in that regard.

Not being funny but there has only been 12 games, it's not like we've been promoted as champions.

I think there are 2 strands to this. Pearson as a person and Pearson as a manager. As a person i don't think we will ever know the real NP of course. He has a particular persona for the media but i suspect as has been mentioned before that he could be quite likeable and a laugh behind the scenes. I have know doubt that he is tough, uncompromising and doesn't suffer fools both as a manager and personally. I quite like his style in a way, it can be quite funny but at times maybe a bit gruff and rude. As a manager and tactician i am reasonably happy, focussed, single minded, ruthless. I have doubted him early in the season but with Beckford, Wellens and Danns gone and top of the league averaging over 2 points a game i have confidence in him if given time. Successful people usually deserve respect but you dont have to like them.

After the Burton debacle and the Blackburn and Wolves games, I really was beginning to have my doubts. Whilst we were playing some lovely football and creating chances, we were showing a serious lack of discipline. The change since then has been quite remarkable and I now look at us and think that we should fear no one. Without a doubt we will lose again this season and we will get injuries. I just hope that we can maintain a good enough run to keep us in contention.

I much prefer the nicey nice approach of Peter Taylor. Tell everyone what they want and smile at all times, whilst spunking a load of cash on useless, pretend footballers. Feck me, he was annoying.

I much prefer the nicey nice approach of Peter Taylor. Tell everyone what they want and smile at all times, whilst spunking a load of cash on useless, pretend footballers. Feck me, he was annoying.
Brilliant at the " The Media " he was. Worked out well for us didn't it. No doubt his man-management skills were first class as well. All that matters is results.

after the burton debacle and the blackburn and wolves games, i really was beginning to have my doubts. Whilst we were playing some lovely football and creating chances, we were showing a serious lack of discipline. The change since then has been quite remarkable and i now look at us and think that we should fear no one. Without a doubt we will lose again this season and we will get injuries. I just hope that we can maintain a good enough run to keep us in contention.

this.

Some wanted him gone after half a dozen games, or is it okay to rewrite the script when he starts proving a few wrong?

I'm still far from won over by NP. I think he makes elementary tactical mistakes practically every game and I often struggle to fathom his selection policy. His backroom team also lacks any obvious impression of providing good coaching. For example, we never look like we practice set pieces to any effect. On the basis of what I've seen, I think he'd be a disaster at Premier League level. However, his current role is all about getting promotion, not how we'll be once there.

On the plus side, with him comes Steve Walsh who is undoubtedly excellent at his job of scouting and recruitment. For me, we should appoint Walsh as Director of Recruitment, double or triple his salary and effectively detach him from being part of NPs 'posse'.

NPs main asset to us is his ability to get a certain type of player to play to their maximum and develop a team spirit among his favoured group. It's something he shares with MON actually and a very useful quality.

If the owners had sacked NP a few weeks ago, I'd not have complained at all. If we get promotion and they sack him before a game in the Premier League, I'd support them completely too. Right now, the going is good and his qualities are in full view. I fully support him and hope our run continues and he delivers promotion. If he does so, he will rightly be congratulated for a good job done and rewarded very well.

Ultimately, at best I see NP as developing into a junior Neil Warnock. He's ideal at a club requiring a certain job done but lacks what's required to deliver anything more.

I'm still far from won over by NP. I think he makes elementary tactical mistakes practically every game and I often struggle to fathom his selection policy. His backroom team also lacks any obvious impression of providing good coaching. For example, we never look like we practice set pieces to any effect. On the basis of what I've seen, I think he'd be a disaster at Premier League level. However, his current role is all about getting promotion, not how we'll be once there.

On the plus side, with him comes Steve Walsh who is undoubtedly excellent at his job of scouting and recruitment. For me, we should appoint Walsh as Director of Recruitment, double or triple his salary and effectively detach him from being part of NPs 'posse'.

NPs main asset to us is his ability to get a certain type of player to play to their maximum and develop a team spirit among his favoured group. It's something he shares with MON actually and a very useful quality.

If the owners had sacked NP a few weeks ago, I'd not have complained at all. If we get promotion and they sack him before a game in the Premier League, I'd support them completely too. Right now, the going is good and his qualities are in full view. I fully support him and hope our run continues and he delivers promotion. If he does so, he will rightly be congratulated for a good job done and rewarded very well.

Ultimately, at best I see NP as developing into a junior Neil Warnock. He's ideal at a club requiring a certain job done but lacks what's required to deliver anything more.

Surely the point is that until NP gets a proper chance in the Premier League, neither you nor I knows how he will do, as he hasn't had that opportunity yet. In the same way that we don't know how Andy King or Wes Morgan, say, would cope as they haven't been there yet.

I don't know what your qualifications are with regards to judging football ability, other than being a fan who presumably watches football. This isn't to say that you shouldn't offer an opinion, but you appear to use a lot of second guessing and supposition to make your points and it comes across as if you are stating it as fact.

Personally I have absolutely no idea how NP would cope at a higher level and to me it has absolutely no relevance at the moment. We are in The Championship and he is doing a fine job at this time, why not enjoy it for what it is?

I'm still far from won over by NP.

He got us out of the third tier at the first time of asking.
He got us into the play-offs in the Championship the following season.
We are currently top of the Championship and looking good.

Last season was always a write-off and nothing to do with Nigel.

FFS, leave him be he's doing a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669