Stockport (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish that I could share the enthusiasm for this game. Stockport were all over us at home until they (albeit deservedly) lost a man. We are now going to their place with, I would guess, a right back playing left back and we're going to win - can't see it!

I really hope that I'm wrong.

That's absolute nonsense. They had one early chance - and put it over when it seemed easier to score. The game hadn't really settled into any pattern by the time thesending-off occurred.

Last edited:
i think we should stick with the same side that beat MK Dons but swap king for weso and play a suitable replacement for mattock, im not sure who though. the decision to let chambers go to donny seems to have backfired very quickly, we could've done with him to replace mattock.
i think we'll win 1-0.

We didn't let Chambers go to Donny. We had no say in the matter once he exercised the terms of his contract.

We didn't let Chambers go to Donny. We had no say in the matter once he exercised the terms of his contract.

fair enough, i didn't know he had that clause in his contract, but you see what i'm saying. NP must think gilbert or o'neill are good enough to play there if we haven't got another left back in by now.

would it be ridiculous to consider either worley or n'gotty in a full back position? I thought n'gotty might do a job this season and he has played full back before now.

Last edited:
would it be ridiculous to consider either worley or n'gotty in a full back position? I thought n'gotty might do a job this season and he has played full back before now.

N'Gotty - Yes that would be ridiculous

Worley - Possibly a decent shout and most definitely not ridiculous

2 games into the season, people calling for changes to formation/personnel, why? we haven't lost and haven't conceded a goal.

2 games into the season, people calling for changes to formation/personnel, why? we haven't lost and haven't conceded a goal.

I agree with you. A straight swap for O'Neill at left-back is the obvious and only change that we must make for tomorrow from last Saturday's team, surely?

I agree with you. A straight swap for O'Neill at left-back is the obvious and only change that we must make for tomorrow from last Saturday's team, surely?

He is a Right Back. :icon_conf

Last edited:
A win tomorrow could have a massive influence on our season.
The last few seasons have seen us under pressure right from the start and we havent responded to the ' catch up ' scenario.
A win here would allow for a later setback to be not too damaging.

Just so long as we don't play Lathanial Rowe-Turner.........

I'd expect the team to be the following:

Henderson

Kishishev Morrison Tunchev Gilbert

Gradel King Oakley Dyer

Howard Fryatt

Subs: Martin, Hobbs, Dickov, Wesolowski, Campbell

This Gilbert to left back movement seems a bit daft to me as from what I've seen (albeit limited) he looks like he's barely got to grips with playing on the right side.

Now, the options are playing someone out of position or finding a left back somewhere in the club or on bradgate park.

im concerned NP hasnt gone for a replacement

NP must think gilbert or o'neill are good enough to play there if we haven't got another left back in by now.
I can't imagine for one second that Pearson thinks our left back situation is good. But some may be forgetting - Mattock was injured only FOUR DAYS ago. Sadly, when we click our fingers, left backs don't always materialize out of thin air.

It's not as if Pearson wasn't trying to rectify the situation before Mattock's injury. We had Bruno Berner, a left back, on trial but he got injured. It's quite possible we're still in for him, in which case we're in the same situation that any club would be in having both their first choice left backs injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00