Match Thread Stoke (and Rotherham) v Leicester - PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could watch Ricardo on the ball all day, he has such beautiful balance. Taggart has just made him man of the match.

Some good stuff, some not so good - typical pre season stuff

Ricardo and Choudhury excellent. Albrighton nailing down a starting place. Madders and Youri dangerous. Chilwell quite poor overall

Looked a bit jaded in that second half so that will have done them some good

My random thoughts:

Maddison is going to piss all over the premier league next season. An absolute Rolls Royce. To have him and Youri in the same side is unreal.

Harry looked sharp. I want him to stay.

I really like the look of the youngster who came on. Lashebala is it? He’s really comfortable on the ball. Looked like part of the first team to me and has done all preseason.

Chilwell struggles with his final ball throughout today, despite the assist. He’s a bit of a strange player Ben.

Absolutely thrilled for Nacho. Maintain there is a player in there and if we can unlock it that’s like a new signing.

Imagine if Claude was still here? Be shit, wouldn’t it?

Did okay on the whole, Maddison and Ricardo stood out. Perez and Schmeichel in particular had fairly bad games today..

Choudhury was fantastic for me. His passing range is much better than I ever realised. Perez also looks a very good buy. Also, not to get carried away but I think Leshabala looks a fantastic prospect.
Oh, it might also be worth mentioning Chilwell, Pereira, Evans, Maguire, Tielmans, Maddison, Albrighton, Ndidi... My God what a squad we have.

I'm scared.
We've never had such a good looking squad/starting line-up at the start of a season. We can't be this good, can we?

Choudhury if he continues on his current trajectory can be absolute world class.

He could be as good as Lord Kante.

A beast of a player who always pops up when needed. As someone else has also said his passing is sublime.

If this team clicks we are in for a fantastic season.

Spreadsheet anyone?

I'm scared.
We've never had such a good looking squad/starting line-up at the start of a season. We can't be this good, can we?
I agree. Add another top class attacking midfielder and I can't help thinking that we would also benefit from a Robert Huth type figure in defence.

We have a good squad, yes. So good that when you start looking at improvements/upgrades, goalkeeper is creeping closer to the top of the list. That's not because KS is a poor keeper, far from it, but that when you start analysing where mistakes are made and how they might cost you then 'keeper is one of those positions. Still, that's pretty much par for the course with many/most clubs.

Choudhury if he continues on his current trajectory can be absolute world class...

If he gets a lot of game time other teams supporters are going to be saying "Where hell did he come from?"

A terrific player in the making. I think it was Skitzo who said that he'll be playing for the full England team by the end of the coming season, he might not be wrong.

Some really good stuff on display...

For my money we need another striker though.

Another as in 2 up front? Or another as in a replacement/option for Vardy?

Either. It’d be good to have a plan B, but even if it is just a Vardy replacement/option that would be welcome. If he gets injured we will struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263