Stoke Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame the transfer window is still open... some fecker will come and buy Conners now.

Well done boys, tremendous comeback from saturday showed real guts to bounce back like that fabulous.

This should shut the moaning feckers up now.....what was that about no strikers - 5 between them in 2 games.

That's the strike confidence boost we've needed for 18 months!!!!
Thank you Connelly. I never doubted you.
Hat-trick!!!!!!!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxx

Must admit I didn't think he'd be the answer to our Goalscoring Problem this season...looks like I might be wrong,pleased if I am as well!!!

De Vries sounded class tonight, which is a definite good sign.

Connolly was actually fairly quiet it seemed! Last Leicester hat trick? I'm going for Collymoore vs Sunderland? Did Dickov get one ever?

Who said to take Connolly off earlier? :lol:

Bring on Ipswich! Fortress Walkers!

Graz said:
De Vries sounded class tonight, which is a definite good sign.

Connolly was actually fairly quiet it seemed! Last Leicester hat trick? I'm going for Collymoore vs Sunderland? Did Dickov get one ever?

Who said to take Connolly off earlier? :lol:

Bring on Ipswich! Fortress Walkers!

That would be me Graz.....I felt like he needed a kick up the backside...Am I MON in disguise !

highland fox said:
Must admit I didn't think he'd be the answer to our Goalscoring Problem this season...looks like I might be wrong,pleased if I am as well!!!

Always had confidence in him... it was a decent partner for him we were missing. Have we got one?? Time will tell.

What's that now for him 7 in 10 at the end of last season and 4 in 2 this season. Can't complain about that!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS
Get in there
4-2 a Connolly hat trick and DeVries scores as well!!!!!!!!!!

last hat trick Dickov vs Wimbledon

And the trees lost to Walsall, Leeds lost to Cardiff, Southampton lost to Luton. It is going to be an very interesting season. Did I mention Ipswich lost to QPR....:icon_lol:

Babylon said:
Always had confidence in him... it was a decent partner for him we were missing. Have we got one?? Time will tell.

What's that now for him 7 in 10 at the end of last season and 4 in 2 this season. Can't complain about that!!!

I am sure Andy from Long Eaton will find something to moan about ....Levein out !

So the 3 teams that have come down, none of them have won in the opening 2 games! Southampton have 1 point, Norwich have 2 and Palace have 0!

I think that shows how open this league is really. Luton having just come up have 6 points, and those 6 points off of 2 teams coming down from the Premiership!

great performance tonight. Connolly is very good indeed tonight although he ahd a quiet first half I felt. MDV looked very sharp. The defence looked exposed a little at times.

Plenty of positives from tonights game.

Connelly is the 20+ goals a season striker.
MDV looked sharper than last season.
Elvis looked very quick playing on the wing.
Wilcox looks like a born again player.
Sylla looks better every time I see him. Disappointed he was taken off though.
McCarthy could be the most consistant player in the team if he keeps his head. I really like the look of the way the lad plays.
Nissa could be the signing of the summer.

Negatives.
IMO Williams struggled and I dont expect him to be in the team when Kisnorbo and Hughes are back.
The celtic fans could be right that Douglas can be prone to mistakes at times.
Still not sure about Glbert, but need more time to asses him.

Overall very good and keep it up boys.

P.S. This is my opinion only and some people may think differently so please dont slag me off, im tired.

fcukcov said:
great performance tonight. Connolly is very good indeed tonight although he ahd a quiet first half I felt. MDV looked very sharp. The defence looked exposed a little at times.

McCarthy could be the most consistant player in the team if he keeps his head.

He won't. Natural defenders don't keep their heads. They're essential hard-core rebs.
And natural strikers always find their heads. Usually early season. After that, they start to analyse and gradually can lose their confidence.
I hope, as an Irish gyppo by descent, and immensely proud of my heritage, that Paddy and Connors keep our faith, and can be less Keane than keen, and better than Best.

i thought wilcox was the worst player on the pitch. and sylla wasnt given the ball and had to track in field yet again. we have to start using sylla more, he could be lethal.

weluvulesta said:
Does anyone have the highlights?

Bloody impatiant aint ya?!? Steven will be along soon;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669