Stoke Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Sappleton get a spot on the bench soon, and maybe the last 10-15mins of a game as an impact player.

New people come on this site and get slagged off all the time for saying we should pick keibi or hellings when we have seen nothing of them ourselves. We have all surely seen enough of Maybury and Kenton to know they are not good enough.

I understand that all that was under a different regime but it proved to me that neither of these players are good enough for the team and no amount of training will change that, Maybury is just not good enough and Kenton is one of the worst signings in the history of my supporting of lcfc.

As always though its just opinions.
these 2 havent done the bizz for us imo.but if meg dog has seen some promise in training or ressie games,its only fair to give them another chance to impress us the fans.

if they dont take their chance then off load em,like we did eventually with that arsewipe hughes:icon_wink

New people come on this site and get slagged off all the time for saying we should pick keibi or hellings when we have seen nothing of them ourselves. We have all surely seen enough of Maybury and Kenton to know they are not good enough.

I understand that all that was under a different regime but it proved to me that neither of these players are good enough for the team and no amount of training will change that, Maybury is just not good enough and Kenton is one of the worst signings in the history of my supporting of lcfc.

As always though its just opinions.

Not even close.

Junior Lewis is still top of my list, closely followed by Rab Douglas. Akinbyi is worst value.

Maybury played well for a while when he first joined and Kenton is an (almost) average squad player.

Not even close.

Junior Lewis is still top of my list, closely followed by Rab Douglas. Akinbyi is worst value.

Maybury played well for a while when he first joined and Kenton is an (almost) average squad player.

I don’t agree on the Kenton thing, he is woeful.

But as I say its all just opinions.

IMO, we will play 5-3-2 (this is no bad thing, because we looked much better in the 2nd half at Charlton and then at Villa than we have done for almost all of this season playing 4-4-2).

I think it's 99% probablity that he plays the same team. Why wouldn't he? They all did fine, and those who came on didn't do anything special.

1-1. Kisnorbo.

Fulop

McAuley
N'Gotty
Kisnorbo

Stearman
Clemence
Chambers
Mattock

Hume

Fryatt
MDV

Subs

Hendo
Kish
Kaebi
Sappleton
Campbell

I don;t think we can afford the same caution to Stoke at Home as we did Villa Away, therefore I would sacrifice Kish in midfield and play a slightly different variation of the 3-5-2 with Hume playing a more advanced attacking midfield role, the side and tactics for villa was perfect for a smash and grab victory but in a league home game where we need to take the game to the opposition we need a more attacking line up which provides more creativity.

Fulop

McAuley
N'Gotty
Kisnorbo

Stearman
Clemence
Chambers
Mattock

Hume

Fryatt
MDV

Subs

Hendo
Kish
Kaebi
Sappleton
Campbell

I don;t think we can afford the same caution to Stoke at Home as we did Villa Away, therefore I would sacrifice Kish in midfield and play a slightly different variation of the 3-5-2 with Hume playing a more advanced attacking midfield role, the side and tactics for villa was perfect for a smash and grab victory but in a league home game where we need to take the game to the opposition we need a more attacking line up which provides more creativity.

I sympathize with anyone trying to put an attacking team together, but I did permit myself a wry smile at the idea of taking the game to the opposition with six defenders in the starting eleven.

Similar formation to Villa but I don't think we can be as defensive in the league, esp at home.

......................Fulop
.........N'Gotty..McAuley..Kisnorbo
Stearman.............................Mattock
..............Hume.....Clemence
..............Campbell..Fryatt

Subs.
Hendo, Sheehan, Chambers, Kish, Porter.

I sympathize with anyone trying to put an attacking team together, but I did permit myself a wry smile at the idea of taking the game to the opposition with six defenders in the starting eleven.

And only 1 midfielder! No wonder we play the long ball a lot!

Similar formation to Villa but I don't think we can be as defensive in the league, esp at home.

Subs.

Is something missing?

Subs.

Is something missing?

Indeed :icon_redf, somehow Kaebi disappeared from midfield, has to worth a go given what else we have.

Last edited:

Subs.

Is something missing?

---------------------Fulop

----------McAuley--Kisnorbo--N'Gotty
Stearman----------------------------Mattock

-------------------Kishishev-----------------