Pre Match Stoke v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be very happy with a draw, however, I think we might nick this.

Drinkwater plays absolutely, Cambiasso too if fit enough.

I reckon Nige might stick with the same side.

Would be lovely to see Drinky and Cambiasso on but dropping King or Hammond would be hard.

Same goes for Schlupp and Nugent.

Last edited:
Can't imagine any situation where Cambiasso and Drinkwater would be anything other than first choice, assuming they are fully fit

Harsh on King and Hammond, who I think have been excellent so far, but such is life in the Premier League

The first game we may be expected to get something out of. The players who have deputised have done an admiral job, but its time for NP to reveal his preferred team/formation. It seems Cambiasso haas settled in nicely and i doubt we have signed him to sit on the bench, i think he will start with Drinkwater as a midfield central duo, i also think Powell may start in the role behind Ulloa. Interesting to see if Simpson replaces RDL and also if Vardy can force his way into the starting 11. Always a difficult game going there, but we need not fear Premier opposition. id take a draw but feel we could nick this 1-2 Ulloa Vardy

I wouldn't drop King, sends the wrong message Imo.

Of course it would then depend on the formation as to whether me old mate Cambi and young Danny both get a start.

As long as we put it reet up em then I can see no outcome other than a win, loss or possible draw.

It's not worth mentioning, or indeed noting, that non of the last 10 meetings between these two sexy sides have been won by the away team.

Less importantly, we have failed to keep a clean sheet in 11 consecutive Premier League games, the worst record in the division.

0-3 Riad, Vardy x2

I can't see Drinkwater being on the bench for this one. He is literally our best player. Has to play..

Schmeicheyweiky

Da Laet Morganstanley Moore Konchywonchy

Cambiasso

Mahrez Drinky King Albrighton

Vardy

Albrighton ?

FFS alex, I'd sooner get Stephen Hughes back than play that fecker

Albrighton ?

FFS alex, I'd sooner get Stephen Hughes back than play that fecker

That's a bit harsh Homer, Albrighton reminds me of Vardy when he moved to the City nearly everyone was saying he wasn't good enough, then look what happened. Albrighton hasn't played regular football for nigh on a season maybe longer, it will take a while to get his confidence back. I would rather wait a while before consigning him to the rubbish heap.

I can't see Drinkwater being on the bench for this one. He is literally our best player. Has to play..

Schmeicheyweiky

Da Laet Morganstanley Moore Konchywonchy

Cambiasso

Mahrez Drinky King Albrighton

Vardy

Is Ulloa (sp) not available?

Quite possibly the most difficult team selection in NPs time at the club. It would be totally out of character for him to make many changes after a good performance against Arsenal.

Regardless of the line up, I'd be delighted with a point.

Agree with all that BN.

The temptation to play with his new toys will be great. Will be really interesting to see how we line up.

Unchanged I reckon.

Last edited:
The decision may be partly made for him. We don't know how fit some of the players are, for example how much training has Cambiasso done before he signed with us.

I'm looking forward to see how we set up over the next few matches though. It should be interesting, how nice to have genuine options.

The big question here is whether we go for BN's line up no1 or no2. There is no way there can be anything in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566