Pre Match Stoke v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schlupp on the scrap heap according to a few on here.

Been a revelation for me...should start.

Given our style of play involves high levels of chasing, etc, I think that Schlupp is more effective being brought off the bench.

Especially away from home, I think that Mahrez, Ulloa and Nugent/Vardy are sufficient counter-attacking threat early on.

I think St Albans has a point regarding 'chopping and changing', wouldn't surprise me in the least if Pearson didn't do this. RDL and Simpson are an example, RDL more attack minded, Simpson more defensive, so who plays is dependent on who we are playing and the player they will be up against. this not to say one is better than the other they simply have two different styles of play and I'm sure it will be 'horses for courses' team selection by Pearson. Nice to have those options.

Just watched the Arsenal game...

I wasn't that impressed with Hammond and think we'll see Cambiasso come in. I thought King did well through, so would be surprised if he wasn't in the team.

Kasper

RDL Morgan Moore KP
Mehrez Cambiasso Drinkwater King
Nugent
Ulloa

Hard on Shlupp. But seeing as he's been away in Ghana I think he'll be on the bench.

Just watched the Arsenal game...

I wasn't that impressed with Hammond and think we'll see Cambiasso come in. I thought King did well through, so would be surprised if he wasn't in the team.

Kasper

RDL Morgan Moore KP
Mehrez Cambiasso Drinkwater King
Nugent
Ulloa

Hard on Shlupp. But seeing as he's been away in Ghana I think he'll be on the bench.

King excels in the role in the middle, where he's best suited to, so we throw him out on the LW?

I'd switch Cambiasso and Drinkwater in for Hammond and King. I'd also bring Vardy in for Nugent.
No room for sentimentality. We haven't won, so we're not changing a winning side.

Cambiasso for Hammond. He's a better holding midfielder.
Drinkwater for King - he's our best player and there's only room for 1 playmaker.
Vardy for Nugent. Greater pace on the break, better choice for an away game.
I'd retain Schlupp as he give us great shape, energy and has shown quality already in delivering crosses.

I think I generally agree with that sparky.

Would be great to find a way to play King, Drinkwater and Cambiasso though.

Not sure how King deserves a place by RDL doesn't? Our defence looked pretty solid against Arsenal, and I'd be surprised if NP changed the back five.

Didn't see the Arsenal game, but would have thought Simpson had be brought in as an upgrade from RDL, who I do think is ok. I've been very impressed with King though and especially for away matches would expect three in the middle, his runs from deep could be a good outlet too.

I would like to see this line up with which we can get 3 points

Schmeichel
De Laet Morgan Moore Konchesky
Albrighton Cambiasso Drinkwater King Vardy
Ulloa

Tough on Hammond and Schlupp but think this is our best bet. We have plenty on the bench who can come on if we need more - Nugent, Schlupp, Knockaert, Mahrez, Powell

Last edited:
morning all, another game i wont be able to watch unfortunately.
i'd go for what sparky's got-
schmeichel
de laet morgan moore konchesky
mahrez cambiasso drinkwater schlupp
vardy
ulloa

I can't watch this one unless I can find a stream, due to being 5000 miles away. However, I'd want to get Drinkwater involved as well as el Cuchu, problem is how good King has been.

I think Nigel will play Albrighton and Mahrez, but I don't have a clue on formation.

If I was guessing I think we will only see Ulloa on the pitch as the key striker.

Work colleagues out here seem to agree - this is a possible win for us, but hte Britannia is a hard stadium and stoke are a bit of a bogey for us. I think we will be waiting a little longer. 1-1.

I can't watch this one unless I can find a stream, due to being 5000 miles away. However, I'd want to get Drinkwater involved as well as el Cuchu, problem is how good King has been.

I think Nigel will play Albrighton and Mahrez, but I don't have a clue on formation.

If I was guessing I think we will only see Ulloa on the pitch as the key striker.

Work colleagues out here seem to agree - this is a possible win for us, but hte Britannia is a hard stadium and stoke are a bit of a bogey for us. I think we will be waiting a little longer. 1-1.

Wiziwig are currently listing it - check again tomorrow an hour before the match to see if any streams have been added.

Last edited:
Wiziwig are currently listing it - check again tomorrow an hour before the match to see if any streams have been added.

Thanks CF, I'll have a look. Fingers crossed I can get Wifi strong enough as well. Alternately it's always possible that I can see it live on satellite - if it's being streamed, it must be on somewhere!!

Thanks CF, I'll have a look. Fingers crossed I can get Wifi strong enough as well. Alternately it's always possible that I can see it live on satellite - if it's being streamed, it must be on somewhere!!

NBC Sports will stream all games online in US. Dodgy streams, as a result, should be plentiful all season long.

We have only conceded 19 crosses from the left wing but have conceded 43 from the right, the most in the division. Shows that RDL is playing reasonably well (or is better supported) whilst teams have clearly identified Konchesky as the weak link.

We have only conceded 19 crosses from the left wing but have conceded 43 from the right, the most in the division. Shows that RDL is playing reasonably well (or is better supported) whilst teams have clearly identified Konchesky as the weak link.

Could show anything. Could show that right wingers are better at crossing the ball than left wingers.

Does anyone know any pubs in town that show the games via foreign channels

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572