Pre Match Stoke v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd play Vardy on the wing. Ulloa simply has to play and I wouldn't be playing 442 against anyone away from home.

Schmeichel

De Laet
Morgan
Moore
Konchesky

Cambiasso
Drinkwater
King

Mahrez
Vardy

Ulloa

Bollocks, I meant Ulloa, not Vardy.

So

Schmeichel

Da Laet Morgan Moore Konch

Cambiasso

Mahrez Drinkwater King Albrighton

Ulloa

Last edited:
I think he'll put some of the new (or at least newly available) players into the lineup - harsh on some of the players maybe, but we need to be playing our best team. While we've started well, Dean Hammond, for example, is not of the same quality as the players we've got ready to come in, so I'd be disappointed to see Hammond play.

The exception I would say is Andy King, who certainly has earnt his place so far and has been one of our best players in the opening games.

I'd go for:

Schmeichel
Simpson, Moore, Morgan, Konchesky
Cambiasso, King, Drinkwater,
Mahrez, Ulloa, Schlupp

It is a really, really tough choice though for Pearson I think, as I realised after posting that I've not included Nugent who has also started well... It is great to have the options though as others have said, with that team already looking strong and then you'd have Nugent, Knockaert, Powell, Vardy, Albrighton waiting in the wings!

Nice problem to have, but I hope NP doesn't get stick after the weekend for making the 'wrong choice' - if he makes changes and we lose I'm sure there will be complaints, and same if he keeps the same team and we lose!#

I'm excited to see how we line up.

I'd play Vardy on the wing. Ulloa simply has to play and I wouldn't be playing 442 against anyone away from home.

Schmeichel

De Laet
Morgan
Moore
Konchesky

Cambiasso
Drinkwater
King

Mahrez
Vardy

Ulloa

I'd second this line up apart from Vardy - I'd rather schlupp or Nugent based on the form and work rate in recent games respectively.

Oh and have we forgotton about Matty James?

Last edited:
I think he'll put some of the new (or at least newly available) players into the lineup - harsh on some of the players maybe, but we need to be playing our best team. While we've started well, Dean Hammond, for example, is not of the same quality as the players we've got ready to come in, so I'd be disappointed to see Hammond play.

The exception I would say is Andy King, who certainly has earnt his place so far and has been one of our best players in the opening games.

I'd go for:

Schmeichel
Simpson, Moore, Morgan, Konchesky
Cambiasso, King, Drinkwater,
Mahrez, Ulloa, Schlupp

It is a really, really tough choice though for Pearson I think, as I realised after posting that I've not included Nugent who has also started well... It is great to have the options though as others have said, with that team already looking strong and then you'd have Nugent, Knockaert, Powell, Vardy, Albrighton waiting in the wings!

Nice problem to have, but I hope NP doesn't get stick after the weekend for making the 'wrong choice' - if he makes changes and we lose I'm sure there will be complaints, and same if he keeps the same team and we lose!#

I'm excited to see how we line up.

I'd be surprised to see De Laet dropped - he performed very well against Arsenal and had Sanchez in his pocket (barring the goal...).

Cambiasso and Drinkwater have to come in - DD is by far our best player so Hammond will surely drop out. And EC will surely be involved. I'm not sure whether I'd drop King, and play a more conventional 4-4-2, or drop Schlupp/Nugent and play a 4-3-3 with Mahrez and Nugent/Schlupp/Vardy flanking Ulloa.

Like you, I'm excited to see what happens. It's amazing how we've gone from looking very bereft of depth to players fighting for every position.

i should of started thread, a draw here would of been good

I'm starting the next pre-match thread, just for shits and giggles like...

It is surprising to see people leaving Vardy out or playing him on the wing. To me he was our best player last season. I prefer two up front. Leonardo has looked excellent but I believe he will be even better with the energy and speed of Vardy alongside him.

As for the midfield I would play Drinkwater, It may be that Hammond would fit Drinkwater's style of play better than King. Cambiasso may not be match fit and if so I would only bring him on as a second half substitute. I would hope Cambiasso will eventually be Drinkwater's midfield partner - anything less will be an anti-climax. Mahrez is clearly worth his place. Whether King Albrighton or Knockaert has the remaining midfield place may depend on how vulnerable Mr Walsh feels Stoke's fullbacks are.

I would keep the same back five. This may be unfair on Marcin who was one of our few good players against Shrewsbury. I think Moore is perhaps the better of the two on the pitch while Wasilewski is quite the best member of the bench.

Assuming everyone fit this is what I'd go with. King deserves his place, and while it's hard on Hammond who can argue with Cambiasso playing? Would like to see Vardy in a position where his pace can really do some damage.

Schmeichel

Simpson-Moore-Morgan-Konchesky

Cambiasso-Drinkwater

Vardy------King------Mahrez

Lenny

Assuming everyone fit this is what I'd go with. King deserves his place, and while it's hard on Hammond who can argue with Cambiasso playing? Would like to see Vardy in a position where his pace can really do some damage.

Schmeichel

Simpson-Moore-Morgan-Konchesky

Cambiasso-Drinkwater

Vardy------King------Mahrez

Lenny

Not sure how King deserves a place by RDL doesn't? Our defence looked pretty solid against Arsenal, and I'd be surprised if NP changed the back five.

I think it's a great idea, in fairness

I have to agree, I think it's amusing.

Without trying to reminisce about the good old days too much, it's the sort of thing that used to happen when terrace humour was around. Happy days.

Will Nige go his normal route (the shirts yours till you mess up) or are we going to see a new PL NP where practicality replaces his normal approach.

perhaps expect the same starting line up we saw against Everton (that would surprise a few but it's clearly what he felt was his strongest side).

I wonder if this season, we will see more chopping and changing of the starting line up to reflect the specific challenges of the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566