Striker Deal Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in 17th position in the Championship. Sven is under pressure to sign 'name' players. Who, but a crock such as Owen, hoping for a final pay day, would be interested?

I would prefer us to be looking at talent in the Championship, or even the lower leagues but, that will not happen.

We are in 17th position in the Championship. Sven is under pressure to sign 'name' players. Who, but a crock such as Owen, hoping for a final pay day, would be interested?

I would prefer us to be looking at talent in the Championship, or even the lower leagues but, that will not happen.

Who in the lower leagues is going to score 20 goals in the next 20 games in the Championship for us, to get us in the play-offs? Oh yeah, I remember, Fryatt was!

Who in the lower leagues is going to score 20 goals in the next 20 games in the Championship for us, to get us in the play-offs? Oh yeah, I remember, Fryatt was!

Similarly, which Premier League team is stupid enough to sell a twenty goal a season striker AND, which twenty goal a season striker is going to swap the Prem for the lower reaches of the Championship? :102:

With the exception of our time in League One, we haven't had a striker score 20 league goals in a season since Gary Lineker 25 years ago. What makes anyone think we're suddenly going to get one now?

It seems to me, that the more fryatt hasn`t played, the better player he has become!
Often the way, i suppose, when things are not going well.

Going over the Prem squad lists ...

Benjani
Michael Owen
Marcus Bent
Carlos Vela
Emile Heskey
Jason Roberts
Daniel Sturridge
Louis Saha
Victor Anichebe
Robbie Keane
Ishmail Miller
Simon Cox
Kevin Phillips
Leon Best

Thats the best I can come up with unless its someone from abroad.

We have got to work out who it is that Markyp224 knows personally.

Going over the Prem squad lists ...

Benjani
Michael Owen
Marcus Bent
Carlos Vela
Emile Heskey
Jason Roberts
Daniel Sturridge
Louis Saha
Victor Anichebe
Robbie Keane
Ishmail Miller
Simon Cox
Kevin Phillips
Leon Best

Thats the best I can come up with unless its someone from abroad.

I think you can forget Anichebe. He has forged quite a good partnership with Tim Cahill recently and they certainly missed him yesterday.

Did James Vaughan join Hull, or is he on loan? Just a thought, that if Fryatt is going to Hull.....

N.B. This is pure speculation.

Did James Vaughan join Hull, or is he on loan? Just a thought, that if Fryatt is going to Hull.....

N.B. This is pure speculation.

Everton are asking £2 million so they have gone for the cheaper option. :icon_roll

Similarly, which Premier League team is stupid enough to sell a twenty goal a season striker AND, which twenty goal a season striker is going to swap the Prem for the lower reaches of the Championship? :102:

exactly.

lower league poaching is more likely to yield results in jan. We hardly going to be signing someone on form from the premiership, bednar was marked as a quality signing and look how thats turned out.

I reckon it's Balotelli

Here it is then.....

Daily Mail - Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz has rejected the chance to join Lazio on loan, according to the Italian club.

Obviously playing for Sven is a bigger draw...:icon_lol:

Erm ok, how about.....

Daily Mirror - Striker Eidur Gudjohnsen is ready to cancel his contract with Stoke as he is frustrated at the lack of first-team football he has played for the club.

Hold on there's another
Daily Mail - Yakubu, who has expressed a desire to leave Merseyside to gain more first-team action.

Do you reckon either of those 2 would prove a good signing?

Last edited:
I'd take Gudjohnsen any day of the week.

Feel free to edit away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670