striker needed urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

monafox

After watching the lumbering performance last night of Dion and MDV we desperately need a striker with some pace and an eye for goal. MDV was abolutley shocking and until he works out that to score you have to shoot we have little chance. Dion will not last 46 games and where is Connolly, not even on the bench last night. Any truth in the rumour hes had a bust up with CL?

monafox said:
After watching the lumbering performance last night of Dion and MDV we desperately need a striker with some pace and an eye for goal. MDV was abolutley shocking and until he works out that to score you have to shoot we have little chance. Dion will not last 46 games and where is Connolly, not even on the bench last night. Any truth in the rumour hes had a bust up with CL?

You've hit the nail on the head Mona. After the reports of MDV's performance against Celtic I was expecting to see some improvement over last seasons lumbering. But no. He still looks like a defender who's been put up front as an emergency measure rather than a natural striker and lets face it Steve Walsh was (is) a better striker than MDV.

monafox said:

Apparently Connolly has a sore and tender groin. :icon_eek: :eek: :icon_lol: ;)

Steven said:
Apparently Connolly has a sore and tender groin. :icon_eek: :eek: :icon_lol: ;)

That's some highly personal informtion there Steven. You seem to have the inside crack, sorry track :):biggrin:

Last night showed we need one desperately. Dion & DVires worked while Sylla was getting down the wing and crossing, but as he drifted out of the game and started to come inside looking for the ball we run out of ideas. From what chances were created, we fluffed them with hesitancy about what to do instead of taking instant shots. Quicker strikers would have given themselves a lot more time to fire a shot in. Our shooting from the edge of the penalty area was a vast improvement on last year.

Fawkeye said:
That's some highly personal informtion there Steven. You seem to have the inside crack, sorry track :):biggrin:

Not my scene thanks. ;)

drummindefender said:
mdv was shocking last night- he has got a good first touch but after that it's all down hill

He wasn't shocking at all, he messed up a couple of opportunites but his overall play was good. In essence he's not going to be playing with Dion so you would have Connelly doing the running into channels and De Vries winning flicks and holding the ball up which he did last night.

There is no point in saying he was crap for the sake of it, he wasn't Adriano and he never will be, accept his limitations (he's not that quick and probably won't score more than 10-15) but he is a key player cause he wasfar more effective than Dion who no one moans about.

if you want a player who was crap last night, look at our No. 8.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but when did MDV win a flick on.

Granted our No8 was terrible, wish we could get theres on a season long loan!!

Dion is over 35, we can kind of understand. His reason for not being mobile.

But MDV is at his peak yet he cant head and he after the first touch,its all downhill.

There was at least twice when he got the ball, when I laughed at his cluminess and somebody behind me said that 'was worth the £15 quid'.

Dunc said:
He wasn't shocking at all, he messed up a couple of opportunites but his overall play was good. In essence he's not going to be playing with Dion so you would have Connelly doing the running into channels and De Vries winning flicks and holding the ball up which he did last night.

There is no point in saying he was crap for the sake of it, he wasn't Adriano and he never will be, accept his limitations (he's not that quick and probably won't score more than 10-15) but he is a key player cause he wasfar more effective than Dion who no one moans about.

if you want a player who was crap last night, look at our No. 8.
Yes he was-im not saying he is going to be adriano but when someone gets the opportunity to score yet time and time again scuffs a chance i have a right to moan, and the guy never flicks the ball on-tiatto did more of that then de vries did last night-however its only a pre-season friendly so there is still time for him to improve

I get the feeling that MDV is gonna be chastised from the first game of the season from some fans.
We are all entitled to our own opinions. Granted Dutchy isn't an Owen or Henry, but listen chaps if some of you are thinking of coming down to the Walkers with the intention of blaming him for eveything that goes wrong so you can start calling him, please just stay away.
This coming season is a very important season for City, and by getting behind ALL the players we can play our part in a push for the top 6 (or for MK out of the bottom half!).

xsubmariner said:
I get the feeling that MDV is gonna be chastised from the first game of the season from some fans.
We are all entitled to our own opinions. Granted Dutchy isn't an Owen or Henry, but listen chaps if some of you are thinking of coming down to the Walkers with the intention of blaming him for eveything that goes wrong so you can start calling him, please just stay away.
This coming season is a very important season for City, and by getting behind ALL the players we can play our part in a push for the top 6 (or for MK out of the bottom half!).
im not blaming him for all of our problems-he has improved alot since last season, but until he scores a few goals, you can't help but be sceptical

xsubmariner said:

:038: i agree its probably a good job homer isnt around at the minute :icon_lol:

drummindefender said:
im not blaming him for all of our problems-he has improved alot since last season, but until he scores a few goals, you can't help but be sceptical

He scored 2 in Norway.

His link up play was excellent last night, he got the ball undar control and laid it off well. We know he isn't great in the air so let's get over it, it's not his strength, it's not what he does. Much like Tiatto can't pass the ball but nobody moans at him for this, we accept his limitations.

If the fans get on MDV's back from the off this season and his head drops they will only have themselves to blame, what's the feckin point!!

drummindefender said:
Yes he was-im not saying he is going to be adriano but when someone gets the opportunity to score yet time and time again scuffs a chance i have a right to moan, and the guy never flicks the ball on-tiatto did more of that then de vries did last night-however its only a pre-season friendly so there is still time for him to improve

He did win a number of flicks, and i'm not saying don't moan - if you want to then go for it, but put it in perspective and moan about players who were far worse than him - Wilcox, Dion and Williams.

Exactly DD, a strikers job is to score and set up goals. He has only scored once and I havent seen him set up a goal.

Personally there is only so much supporting the players I can do, I just think he's an all-round bad player but I'll reserve my final judgement till the end of August.

Dunc said:
He did win a number of flicks, and i'm not saying don't moan - if you want to then go for it, but put it in perspective and moan about players who were far worse than him - Wilcox, Dion and Williams.
don't get me started on wilcox!

beaumontfox said:
someone has posted this on rivals:

PA rumour is that Canero only played last night so he could be watched by Preston and that a deal involving David Nugent moving to City is likely.

bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670