Stringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you who are critics of Stringer have obviously not heard other local radio commentators.

I usually listen to the other team's commentary, and most of the time it's better than Stringer.

I hear part of the commentary today and Stringer mentioned last night's fight won by "Ordinary Harrison". If he wants to be taken seriously as a sports broadcaster he should cut out that kind of juvenile "humour" and stick to the facts.

I usually listen to the other team's commentary, and most of the time it's better than Stringer.

I hear part of the commentary today and Stringer mentioned last night's fight won by "Ordinary Harrison". If he wants to be taken seriously as a sports broadcaster he should cut out that kind of juvenile "humour" and stick to the facts.

I heard that as well. I have no problem with his bias people keep bringing up, though I'd prefer it if he wasn't, but it's his really, really unfunny jokes that he drags on and on which annoy me. He always has to make a painfully embarrassing one-liner after every break in commentary.

Stringer is a prick, but the club can go and **** themselves if they're trying to control how the BBC reports on them, that ****ing stinks.

Stringer is a prick, but the club can go and **** themselves if they're trying to control how the BBC reports on them, that ****ing stinks.

:038::038::038::038: bunch of *****! That is all they are.

I'd say on balance, Stringer is an OK commentator, he has his bad sides but he's also enthusiastic and is fairly balanced.

Today he banged on about the fact that our first goal shouldn't have stood because a Peterborough player got fouled in the build up, evening claiming that there should be 'an inquest' about it after the match. There's 'fairly balanced' and then there's Stringer, who takes the opportunity to slag off Leicester City whenever he can because he thinks he's being more fair that way. Whatever happened to being rational and simply reporting on what is happening during a football match? All he does is shift from sticking his tongue up the club's arse and slagging us off. The man does not know the meaning of the word balance.

I only got beef with John Sinclar. I've never heard a more disinterested man ever. When King scored today his lack of enthusiasm made me think King scored an OG or something. He is just a tart with a microphone. If they piped his coverage into Gitmo no waterboarding would be necessary. I can hear those terrorists now "I swear I tell you anything, just turn off that mind numbing **** of a camels rear end!"

John Sinclair is the only reason I still listen to the RL commentary, he is a real professional and if it wasn't for him no-one listening would have a clue what was happening in the game. He may not come out with 'hilarious' comments like 'give that boy a biscuit' or go on about Max Gradel's pink boots or what sweets he bought in the service station on the way to the match, but his commentary is actually interesting and informative.

With the amount of bollocks you've come out with in a singular post, it doesn't surprise me that you're a fan of Stringer's commentary.

The main arguments against Stringer, according to this thread, seem to be that he is too much of a Leicester fan (he gets unreasonably upset when we lose and over excited when we win). His other great fault is that he enjoys our downfalls too much and therefore can't be a Leicester supporter.

Anyone who is never criticised is not doing their job properly; I always believe that diametrically opposed complaints such as these indicate someone not doing too bad a job.

As has been said previously, at this stage in his career, he is not of the same quality as most commentators on the BBC national programmes. Whether he will ever get to such a level, I do not know, but we could have a much worse broadcaster than Ian Stringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566