Summer 2023 - Major squad changes required

We’re completely ****ed as a club aren’t we?

Called it over a year ago, glad to see you ****s are finally catching up.

Nothing like the dramatic comments of this forum.

Have we declined from challenging from the Top 4? Disappointingly yes.

Are we still seeing the effects of offering excessive salaries to non-first XI players? Yes.

Are we completely ****ed as a club with a disaster of a squad? No.

We'll likely start next season with:

Ward

Castagne Faes Souttar Kristiansen

N'Didi [New CM]

[New RW] Maddison Barnes
Nacho

Key subs: Justin, Ricardo, Soummare, Daka, Vardy

So we need a Tielemans replacement and probably a Tete replacement.

We can obviously strengthen in a few areas, particularly GK, but that is a mid-table team (and we'll hopefully be closer to a mid-table wage bill once we offload a number of the OOCs).

Have they got donation buckets outside of the stadium yet?

Nothing like the dramatic comments of this forum.

Have we declined from challenging from the Top 4? Disappointingly yes.

Are we still seeing the effects of offering excessive salaries to non-first XI players? Yes.

Are we completely ****ed as a club with a disaster of a squad? No.

We'll likely start next season with:

Ward

Castagne Faes Souttar Kristiansen

N'Didi [New CM]

[New RW] Maddison Barnes
Nacho

Key subs: Justin, Ricardo, Soummare, Daka, Vardy

So we need a Tielemans replacement and probably a Tete replacement.

We can obviously strengthen in a few areas, particularly GK, but that is a mid-table team (and we'll hopefully be closer to a mid-table wage bill once we offload a number of the OOCs).
You complete and total sensible ****. No room for that on here.

I feel no attachment to the majority of our squad whatsoever. I love Vardy and Albrighton but I'm not really bothered about the rest. If Maddison and Tielemans decide to leave I'm not really too bothered. What's gone wrong? My thinking is that winning the league has killed it for me. It's all gone rather numb.

I feel no attachment to the majority of our squad whatsoever. I love Vardy and Albrighton but I'm not really bothered about the rest. If Maddison and Tielemans decide to leave I'm not really too bothered. What's gone wrong? My thinking is that winning the league has killed it for me. It's all gone rather numb.

I feel much the same. For me, it is the detachment that has occurred between ordinary supporters and the players. They are ludicrously overpaid and live an absurdly unreal and pampered existence. As a result, I cannot bring myself to cheer any of them as heroes any more.

The days when I'd see our players out and about in Leicester and they were doing ordinary things is long gone. It isn't something I blame players for. Any of us would gladly take fortunes for very little.

The development of Seagrave was probably the final straw. 7 Star suites for all players and the sort of facilities that cater for every possible whim. They're now not far from royalty. It wouldn't surprise me if there is something employed at Seagrave to wipe their arses for them.

It's seven years since the title win and, if they've got any sense, Vardy and Albrighton should move on this summer to end that era. There was something real and genuine about that squad that cannot ever be repeated.

I like some players more than others in the current squad. But that's purely based on how watchable they are and what they contribute. I really couldn't care less who stays or goes this summer though.

It's seven years since the title win ... There was something real and genuine about that squad that cannot ever be repeated.
Fully agree - a bunch of misfits, inexpensive buys, and rejects from other clubs made it to the very top under the guidance of a genuine Mr Nice-guy.

Better than any Hollywood 'underdog' classic could ever be. Will be remembered forever.

I feel much the same. For me, it is the detachment that has occurred between ordinary supporters and the players. They are ludicrously overpaid and live an absurdly unreal and pampered existence. As a result, I cannot bring myself to cheer any of them as heroes any more.

The days when I'd see our players out and about in Leicester and they were doing ordinary things is long gone. It isn't something I blame players for. Any of us would gladly take fortunes for very little.

The development of Seagrave was probably the final straw. 7 Star suites for all players and the sort of facilities that cater for every possible whim. They're now not far from royalty. It wouldn't surprise me if there is something employed at Seagrave to wipe their arses for them.

It's seven years since the title win and, if they've got any sense, Vardy and Albrighton should move on this summer to end that era. There was something real and genuine about that squad that cannot ever be repeated.

I like some players more than others in the current squad. But that's purely based on how watchable they are and what they contribute. I really couldn't care less who stays or goes this summer though.
Nailed it in one.

Fully agree - a bunch of misfits, inexpensive buys, and rejects from other clubs made it to the very top under the guidance of a genuine Mr Nice-guy.

Better than any Hollywood 'underdog' classic could ever be. Will be remembered forever.
But apparently Arsenal winning it this year will be just as impressive, according to some ridiculous pundits.

Welcome to modern football

It's shit

7 years ago, Mahrez was not bumping into you in Aldi.

7 years ago, Mahrez was not bumping into you in Aldi.
8 years ago I saw Gary Taylor-Fletcher looking at the biscuits in big Asda in Thurmaston.

What changed?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664